Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/20/2007 12:42:11 PM EDT
Say, a M1a Loaded Standard...? Is it worth the expense?

How heavy are these stocks? I plan to do some research for the hey of it tonight, I'm not in the position to buy right now but am curious what I could expect improvement-wise.

I'm torn between going for a full-on accurate bolt gun rig or trying to max out the accuracy of a pretty decently accurate M1a...
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:34:03 PM EDT
[#1]
Put a standard, rack grade M14 type rifle in a SAGE and
on average your group size will be reduced by 50%.

I have no idea what the JAE will do accuracy wise for the
same rack grade M14 type rifle.

HTH ~
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 1:41:34 PM EDT
[#2]
Interesting... Thanks for the info H2Oman!
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:14:09 PM EDT
[#3]
macman check Fulton Armory website they have the Sage system on some of their rifles and they are sweet.  The accuracy will improve hard to say how much.  Is your gas system unitized this definitly helps also Badger Ordance makes a great operating spring guide.  

Best is  
Jerry Kuhnhausen SHOP MANUALS

THE U.S. .30 CALIBER GAS OPERATED SERVICE MANUALS - 383 pages. 6" x 9". Softbound. Covers the U.S. M-1 Garand and M-14 service rifles and their commercial equivalents. Highly detailed with more than 1,200 clear photographs and line drawings plus an easy-to-read text. Step-by-step directions help you understand the rifles' function and repair. Covers all phases of inspection, critical dimensions, ammunition, sight work, stocking and much more. Complete accurizing and building match rifles information, too.

Fulton Armory builds TOP notch M1 and M14 and M16 weapons.
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 2:30:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Interesting... Thanks for the info H2Oman!

Another trick stock option for hundred$ le$$ is the RRM

HTH ~
Link Posted: 4/20/2007 6:37:54 PM EDT
[#5]
i put a SAGE EBR stock on my socom a few months back and so far have only shot it with iron sites at 100 yards so i cant give much help on the accuracy BUT i will be finding out on sunday what its capable of since i just got my scope this week.

i know the socom is not the best choice for accuracy but i just wanted to get started and see if i like shooting the m1a scoped, if it fits me then i'll go for a little better barrel in a loaded model and return this to its original state.

i will say this for the SAGE stock, its a heavy beast when shooting off hand but its very well consrtucted too.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 10:47:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Socom II weight at 11 lbs in stock configuration, so how much does it weight with the sage stock?  
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:08:21 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Socom II weight at 11 lbs in stock configuration, so how much does it weight with the sage stock?  

My Scout in this SAGE weighs 10 lbs. 7.0 oz. as pictured below - - (less sling and magazine)

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:24:27 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

as mine sits there, i was 13 lbs on the bathroom scale. what a tank!
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:26:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

My Scout in this SAGE weighs 10 lbs. 7.0 oz. as pictured below - - (less sling and magazine)

i like your choice of stock and grip. if i was not using a scope your confirguration would be my choice. i am not so fond of the adjustable check piece on mine IF i was to use iron sights only.

Link Posted: 4/21/2007 11:40:33 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

i like your choice of stock and grip. if i was not using a scope your confirguration would be my choice. i am not so fond of the adjustable check piece on mine IF i was to use iron sights only.

Tim @ Security Arms is working on a conversion kit that will allow those of us that own the
SAGE with the adjustable cheek rest to change over to the AR style butt stock and pistol grip.

Look for updates over on M14HDW.US
Link Posted: 4/21/2007 12:06:49 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks Kevin and mr_h.
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:37:14 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.athenswater.com/images/EBRs020407%20004.jpg

Very nice!
Link Posted: 4/23/2007 11:43:49 AM EDT
[#13]
bump
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top