Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/22/2002 6:02:51 PM EDT
For a gun in good condition what should I pay?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:13:21 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
For a gun in good condition what should I pay?

That depends on things like condition, whether or not serial numbers match, and country of manufacture.

For a shooter, as opposed to a collectible, Yugoslavian M48s are probably your best choice.  Expect to find them for between $60-$120 depending on condition.

German K98k rifles start at $80 and go as high as you can afford--and probably higher.

Turks can be had for as little as $30.

Try aimsurplus.com, www.cdnninvestments.com, and www.southernohiogun.com for starters...
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Here's a pic attempt of my CDNN  Yugo capture K98k. 98%, non-matching, laminate stock. I think it was $109.00, not a bad deal, shoots great!
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:34:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Define 'good one'. Anywhere from $49.99 to $1,500 for a mint condition matching 33/40 mountain rifle with a folding stock.

I wanted do a fair bit of reenacting and was going to use a Czech VZ-24 thats been counter-bored about a quarter of an inch for inclimate operations. Its no tack driver but it'll hold a 2" group with the current corrosive Turkish fodder well enough at 200yds.
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:35:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 6:43:08 PM EDT
[#5]
$27! not bad,wounder what th mark up is?
Link Posted: 9/22/2002 8:18:15 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

If you've got a Type 03 (C&R) FFL, there is no markup--on the other hand, I've seen dealers charge more than twice the going prices from Century, AIM, SOG, and other similar outfits.

If you like milsurp rifles and handguns, you MUST get your C&R.  $30 for three years buys you the ability to have any firearm more than 50 years old (or, alternatively, on the C&R list) shipped directly to your door.

The requirements are no criminal record, and you must maintain a bound book of C&R firearms, just like a dealer doew for all of his weapons.  The flip side is that you do NOT have to surrender these records to BATF if and when you give up your license.

(edited because I cannot spell)
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 12:29:29 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If you've got a Type 03 (C&R) FFL, there is no markup--on the other hand, I've seen dealers charge more than twice the going prices from Century, AIM, SOG, and other similar outfits.

If you like milsurp rifles and handguns, you MUST get your C&R.  $30 for three years buys you the ability to have any firearm more than 50 years old (or, alternatively, on the C&R list) shipped directly to your door.

The requirements are no criminal record, and you must maintain a bound book of C&R firearms, just like a dealer doew for all of his weapons.  The flip side is that you do NOT have to surrender these records to BATF if and when you give up your license.

(edited because I cannot spell)

By gum Zak,you talked me in to it!
Now I just need to see if a have to buy 50 to get them at that price[:\]
Link Posted: 9/23/2002 8:53:18 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Now I just need to see if a have to buy 50 to get them at that price[:\]

Just one, though quite a few dealers give discounts for multiple unit orders.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top