Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 6/29/2002 6:19:38 PM EDT
What do the camo finishes done by Lauer Custom Weaponry cost for a rifle? I'm wanting to have my Rem. 700 done, just looking for a ballpark figure. It has a wood stock, can that be painted or only the synthetic ones?
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:24:48 PM EDT

Originally Posted By Glock31:
What do the camo finishes done by Lauer Custom Weaponry cost for a rifle?

I have no idea. A can of Krylon cost about $4.00. For less than $25.00 you can get all the colors you need and a can of clear coat.

A rifle carried normally is a large horizantal target indicator. Break up the pattern with big vertical blotches.

Link Posted: 6/29/2002 7:29:16 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/29/2002 7:30:32 PM EDT by Aimless]
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:05:47 PM EDT
You have to remember, its not just 'paint'. If you want to spray paint your $1,000 rig with Krylon, have at it... If you want to refinish your rifle with a top notch, last forever protective finish, call Lauer.

You should read up on their website about Duracoat and the process they use.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 8:10:05 PM EDT

Originally Posted By FMJunkie:
You have to remember, its not just 'paint'.

Actually, it is just paint. Unless its a chemical process like parkerizing, bluing, or case hardening.
Link Posted: 6/29/2002 10:04:00 PM EDT
Try No Ugly Guns. www.nouglyguns.com/01.htm

Click on the box for Camo Finish your Stock or Small Parts for pricing.

Link Posted: 6/30/2002 7:07:31 AM EDT

Originally Posted By AR15fan:

You have to remember, its not just 'paint'.

Actually, it is just paint. Unless its a chemical process like parkerizing, bluing, or case hardening.

Sort of like this?

The Camouflage Process

All firearms are completely disassembled (down to the very last pin)

Each part is chemically cleaned and blasted

Each part is baked to ensure dryness, remove impurities, and to slightly expand the metal for optimum adhesion of finish

Each part is individually Parkerized

A proprietary coating is applied to the heated parts. (colors depend on type of finish; most camo finishes are a four color process)

A proprietary clear finish is applied

The finished firearm is baked at a constant temperature ranging from 108 degrees to 140 degrees. (depending on the type of stock)

I would like to point out that they repark your weapon 'down to the very last pin'.

www.lauerweaponry.com

I am not trying to flame you, its just that what you get from Lauer is not just a paint job, hence the high cost.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 10:55:37 AM EDT

I would like to point out that they repark your weapon 'down to the very last pin'.

www.lauerweaponry.com

I am not trying to flame you, its just that what you get from Lauer is not just a paint job, hence the high cost.

You cant Parkerize wood, stainless steel, or aluminum. Only carbon steel can be parkerized.

The Camo coating they apply is paint.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 11:18:01 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2002 11:46:35 AM EDT by kwb377]

Originally Posted By Am-O-Tramp:
Try No Ugly Guns.

He did my Rem. 700 and it looks great. There's a pic of it is on his site.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 12:06:43 PM EDT
You might also check out Second Skin. They will camo the Remington 700 for $180.
Link Posted: 6/30/2002 8:58:05 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 6/30/2002 9:12:59 PM EDT by Am-O-Tramp]

Originally Posted By kwb377:

Originally Posted By Am-O-Tramp:
Try No Ugly Guns.

He did my Rem. 700 and it looks great. There's a pic of it is on his site.

Kevin is this your rifle, how has the finish held up? Great looking rifle man.

The top picture I added light and contrast to for better clarity, If you think it looks better than the original you can save it also.

Am-O-Tramp
Link Posted: 9/1/2002 7:12:04 PM EDT
take a look @ www.bearcoat.com

they finish the Les Baer / Weatherby / Cabela's and are # 1 in the industry in quality and service.

I saw their desert camo AR @ gunsite last week ans it was just plain awesome..they finish everything to match stock frip handguards etc...they say it will be on the website after 9/2....
Top Top