Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/16/2007 2:27:29 PM EDT
Didn't know where to post this but since its the M14's little brother I thought I'd post it here.

I would think about 600 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 2:48:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Try http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=86

I would think more like redheaded stepsister, since Bill Ruger had some pretty slanted views towards black rifles and anybody having a magazine capacity greater than 5 rounds--and yes, his son continues the tradition.

Glad I sold my minute of barn accuracy $h!Tt!-14
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 6:49:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll try to be a little more polite than the above poster even though I share his feelings completly. A used Mini-14 GB FACTORY folder should be worth about $650-$900 depending on blued or stainless, etc. Go check gunbroker, they are on there all the time and you can see what people are actually paying for them. Ruger as a company are a bunch of bitchface sellouts just like S&W but I will admit to having a little obsession with Ruger single action revolvers. I just buy used, older ones so I'm not supporting the company anymore. The mini 14 is kind of a piece of dogshit but an old friend took me out many years ago with his stainless GB folder and let me open up on a 100 year old farmhouse that the Co. SD raid team was getting ready to destroy and I will admit to having a LOT of fun with that gun. Besides they are kid of neat looking. They'll shoot 2 or 3 moa if I remember right? that's not so bad.
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 7:09:15 PM EDT
[#3]
You see what I mean.  Just say the word Mini14 and so much hate comes out.  I gotta buy one just to irk everyone.

Link Posted: 7/17/2007 12:44:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I was very restrained with my choice of words

Besides, I clearly remember Bill Sr's helping hand with the AWB, where he was trying to "save his baby".

This needs to be moved to at least general firearms discussion.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 12:50:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is this in the M1 amd M1A forum?

Little brother my ass, they are totally different systems.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 4:59:36 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
You see what I mean.  Just say the word Mini14 and so much hate comes out.  I gotta buy one just to irk everyone.

If I didn't already have one, I would do it for the same reason.

Also, it would be nice if they actually knew what they were talking about.

by Dick Metcalf
Technical Editor
Shooting Times
Category: Gun Reviews  
June, 2000 Subscribe Here

Ruger emphasizes that the Mini-14 is not a copy of the Garand mechanisms, but it does intentionally resemble (scaled-down) the Garand-type M14 7.62mm (.308 Winchester) rifle that was the US Army's basic soldier's rifle until replaced by the .223 M16 in 1969. And like the M14 Garand, the Mini-14 is a gas-operated autoloader (the only one Ruger makes). As a round is fired, a small amount of gas is diverted from behind the bullet through a hole on the barrel; this gas exerts sufficient force to drive back the slide, eject the fired case, and chamber a fresh cartridge as the spring-driven bolt returns forward

I wasn't talking about that.

On the subject however, I think the operating mechanism of the Mini is much more like that of an M1 Carbine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 5:07:28 PM EDT
[#7]
I have seen the folding stocks ALONE sell for $450-$475 .
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 6:59:31 PM EDT
[#8]
I sold an original Mini-14 folding stock this year for 450.00

The stock is worth more than the rifle it contains.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:11:14 AM EDT
[#9]
if he's interested in parting out the stock, i'd be interested. I even have a replacement non folding stock or two.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top