Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 7/16/2007 2:27:29 PM EDT
Didn't know where to post this but since its the M14's little brother I thought I'd post it here.

I would think about 600 bucks.
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 2:48:45 PM EDT
Try http://www.perfectunion.com/vb/forumdisplay.php?f=86

I would think more like redheaded stepsister, since Bill Ruger had some pretty slanted views towards black rifles and anybody having a magazine capacity greater than 5 rounds--and yes, his son continues the tradition.

Glad I sold my minute of barn accuracy $h!Tt!-14
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 6:49:51 PM EDT
I'll try to be a little more polite than the above poster even though I share his feelings completly. A used Mini-14 GB FACTORY folder should be worth about $650-$900 depending on blued or stainless, etc. Go check gunbroker, they are on there all the time and you can see what people are actually paying for them. Ruger as a company are a bunch of bitchface sellouts just like S&W but I will admit to having a little obsession with Ruger single action revolvers. I just buy used, older ones so I'm not supporting the company anymore. The mini 14 is kind of a piece of dogshit but an old friend took me out many years ago with his stainless GB folder and let me open up on a 100 year old farmhouse that the Co. SD raid team was getting ready to destroy and I will admit to having a LOT of fun with that gun. Besides they are kid of neat looking. They'll shoot 2 or 3 moa if I remember right? that's not so bad.
Link Posted: 7/16/2007 7:09:15 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/16/2007 7:09:36 PM EDT by JJREA]
You see what I mean. Just say the word Mini14 and so much hate comes out. I gotta buy one just to irk everyone.

Link Posted: 7/17/2007 12:44:14 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2007 12:59:11 PM EDT by mike_556]
I was very restrained with my choice of words

Besides, I clearly remember Bill Sr's helping hand with the AWB, where he was trying to "save his baby".

This needs to be moved to at least general firearms discussion.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 12:50:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 7/17/2007 12:51:12 PM EDT by akethan]
Why is this in the M1 amd M1A forum?

Little brother my ass, they are totally different systems.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 4:59:36 PM EDT

Originally Posted By akethan:

Originally Posted By LARRYG:

Originally Posted By JJREA:
You see what I mean. Just say the word Mini14 and so much hate comes out. I gotta buy one just to irk everyone.

If I didn't already have one, I would do it for the same reason.

Also, it would be nice if they actually knew what they were talking about.

by Dick Metcalf
Technical Editor
Shooting Times
Category: Gun Reviews
June, 2000 Subscribe Here

Ruger emphasizes that the Mini-14 is not a copy of the Garand mechanisms, but it does intentionally resemble (scaled-down) the Garand-type M14 7.62mm (.308 Winchester) rifle that was the US Army's basic soldier's rifle until replaced by the .223 M16 in 1969. And like the M14 Garand, the Mini-14 is a gas-operated autoloader (the only one Ruger makes). As a round is fired, a small amount of gas is diverted from behind the bullet through a hole on the barrel; this gas exerts sufficient force to drive back the slide, eject the fired case, and chamber a fresh cartridge as the spring-driven bolt returns forward

I wasn't talking about that.

On the subject however, I think the operating mechanism of the Mini is much more like that of an M1 Carbine.
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 5:07:28 PM EDT
I have seen the folding stocks ALONE sell for $450-$475 .
Link Posted: 7/17/2007 6:59:31 PM EDT
I sold an original Mini-14 folding stock this year for 450.00

The stock is worth more than the rifle it contains.
Link Posted: 8/12/2007 2:11:14 AM EDT
if he's interested in parting out the stock, i'd be interested. I even have a replacement non folding stock or two.
Top Top