Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/12/2009 10:18:47 AM EDT
How many rounds have you put through your Steyr AUG A3?  What Ammo do you use?  What issues and what frequency, if any, have you had?
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 6:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
So far about 200 rounds or so. Had feeding issues with Steyr US -made mags. No issues with Austrian made mags. Steyr has replaced my US-made mags since then. I like to shoot Hornady 75 gr bullets -  despite 1:9" rate twist they seem to stabilize fine and are quite accurate, IMHO.

-albertr
Link Posted: 6/13/2009 6:52:44 AM EDT
[#2]
I have put about 500 rounds through my Steyr AUG A3 with the Austrian 42 round magazine without a single malfunction.  

I haven't tried the American made 30 round magazines yet other then to test bullet alignment in the top of the magazine as mentioned in a previous post.  

Rich
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 8:00:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Anybody put a NATO stock & trigger pack on their A3 and used Magpul 30 Rd PMAGs and tested those out for feeding issues?
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 1:48:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Today I fired another 200 rounds which puts me at a grand total of 800 rounds through my new Steyr. Ammo was a mix of Lake City M855 and XM193 and a handful of Hornady 75g TAP.

I used new commercial mfg mags and Preban Steyr mags and have not had a malfunction yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top