Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 7/30/2002 8:14:18 PM EST
My department recently approved AR-15 rifles for patrol officers. Now, they realize that there are a lot of different companies who make them and they're not sure about everyone's quality control so they're considering limiting it to 3 or 4 major companies.
Not counting home-built guns, I've been able to come up with the following 18 companies who make AR-15 type rifles. I'd appreciate knowing about any others and any brief critiques about their quality control.
Armalite, American Spirit, Armscorp, Bushmaster, Century Arms, Colt, DPMS (Panther), FN, Fulton Armory, Hesse, JP Enterprises, Knight, Les Baer, Olympic, Professional Ordnance, Rock River Arms, Stoner, and Wilson Combat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:56:25 PM EST
you have much to read before you may leave the temple.

my opinion, stick to armalite, bushmaster, and colt. also rockriver if you get their chrome bore. i believe this group represents rifles you could stake your life on as well as trust them to work under the care and maintence of "officer dumbass" who may not have been in the military and thinks his rifle deserves no more care and familiarization than his sidearm.
Link Posted: 7/30/2002 8:56:39 PM EST
There's no other companies worth mentioning. As a matter of fact, you could scratch 50% of your list and make considerations from there.

Link Posted: 7/30/2002 10:18:40 PM EST
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 12:01:04 AM EST
cavalry arms are great weapons.
and the staff is nice to.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 2:55:54 AM EST
[Last Edit: 7/31/2002 2:58:22 AM EST by 5subslr5]
'MIGHT" be as easy as ABC:

ArmaLite
Bushnaster
Colt
Edited to add: You said three or four and my fourth would be Knights.

Link Posted: 7/31/2002 8:27:24 AM EST
My original short list was ABCD; Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, and DPMS. I just wasn't sure if we wanted to eliminate other good guns such as Wilson Combat or Les Baer if some officer wanted to spend the money on them. I will also look at Cavalry Arms. I was not familiar with them.
Link Posted: 7/31/2002 9:29:51 AM EST

Originally Posted By EPD1102:
My original short list was ABCD; Armalite, Bushmaster, Colt, and DPMS. I just wasn't sure if we wanted to eliminate other good guns such as Wilson Combat or Les Baer if some officer wanted to spend the money on them. I will also look at Cavalry Arms. I was not familiar with them.

ArmaLite, Bushmaster & Colt all are quality and seem to fit together.

Baer, Knights and Wilson form a higher price group.

Of the ABC group I would choose ArmaLite M15A4. (And I did !)

Of the BKW group, I would choose Knights SR-15. (And I did !)
Top Top