Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/16/2002 10:42:43 AM EDT
I have the cone type washer and it doesn't seem to be timed right. Should I get a peel washer?

For now I installed my vortex until I figure this out.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:01:13 AM EDT
[#1]
Cone type? You mean a crush washer? Just tighten it until the slots are aligned. Or you can use a peel washer.
Link Posted: 3/16/2002 11:38:17 AM EDT
[#2]

I have used the peel washer before but not this type.

From Kert:

The conical face of the crush washer faces the front. The flat side goes up against the barrel's shoulder. Colt is now using these. I make mine up from SS, then bead blast. It looks more like a true peel washer that way, once installed. The peel washer goes 'pretty' side to the rear.

Kurt/KKF

Edited because I forgot about the Search feature!!

Link Posted: 3/16/2002 12:16:20 PM EDT
[#3]
On the crush washer, you just tighten the FS to index and stop.  The washer will keep the correct torque while it is being crushed.  

Sounds like you when overboard and  tighten the FS until you flatten the washer, and you ran out of room.  You might have to get a new washer due to the one you have being flattened.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top