Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/25/2008 12:28:38 PM EDT
I'm curious about the durability of these H&K clones. I've searched the archives for info about them but found little. They seem a bit pricey at $1400 and I hate to spend the $$$ if they're junk. Lemme hear from you guys.
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 12:40:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 12:52:57 PM EDT
[#2]
Well I don't but maybe if I win the lottery, I can pick one up. $14,000 is a lot of change. Thanks for the reply.
Link Posted: 3/25/2008 1:54:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Love mine - added a B&T rail handguard to hang my light/laser.  Give me 90 days and I will have it SBRed - it will then be officially my favorite range gun.
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 5:18:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Where'd you get the railed handguard?  Also, have you had any wear issues with the pistol and if so are parts readily available?
Link Posted: 3/26/2008 5:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I got the handguard from DSA.  They have at least 5 different railed hanguards that should fit it.  I choose the B&T one that was not plastic.  About $240 - no regrets.  The collapsible stock I ordered from vector.  The nice lady there inquired what I intended to put it on and then explained the whole NFA process which I already knew but I appreciated the warning.  The vector stocks are the older style but for $200 less I decided I can live with it.  

As is, it is fun to shoot.  It throughs brass everywhere but the FMJ goes where I want it to.  After it is SBRed, my AR15s go to the back of my safe!
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 6:35:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Wow, that handguard is pricey but if fits your needs then that's great. I've noticed that prices for the H&K parts are staggering.

I started looking at the V53 as a small and portable defensive weapon. I'm used to the AR15 platform and I think it'll remain my 'go to' gun when the SHTF but I think the V53 will be handier for travelling, i.e. easy to conceal and carry in some non-descript bag and easier to employ when the situation dictates. Reliability is essential and from what I've read, most V53 owners really like them. Do you shoot M193 ammo through yours or something else?

Have you got a pic of your V53 that you'd like to share?

Link Posted: 3/27/2008 2:57:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Love mine but its alot heavier than your AR15's.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 6:42:30 PM EDT
[#8]

Link Posted: 3/27/2008 6:45:12 PM EDT
[#9]

B&T rails with magpul rail covers.
Link Posted: 3/27/2008 8:28:15 PM EDT
[#10]
That is frigging awesome-looking. How do you hang onto it when you're firing? Can you get enough of a grip on that handguard? And did it come with the SEF lower?
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 12:44:08 AM EDT
[#11]
The SEF came with it.  I probably need to push the light forward a notch but it is controllable/grip-able as is.  I have a V51P (.308) that I don't enjoy shooting in this config.  The V51 is slated for the same handguard this summer, both will get SBRed, and then I think Aimpoint ML3s to finish them off - now if I can just get some bonus money in 2Q!
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 5:06:25 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Love mine but its alot heavier than your AR15's.

HKJAY - I'm surprised they're that heavy. I had a chance to shoot a Bushmaster carbon-15 recently and that's what gave me the idea about getting a compact 5.56. Then when I saw the V53 I thought "this looks waay meaner" and it doesn't have the buffer extension sticking out like the AR platforms. I'll miss being able to use AR mags, though. I've got a bunch of 'em. The HK mags are pretty pricey. Thanks for the info.
Link Posted: 3/28/2008 5:09:23 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
 I have a V51P (.308) that I don't enjoy shooting in this config.  

I had a chance to shoot a V51 SBR (a few rounds) and it was fairly controllable because of the buttstock. I don't imagine it would be much fun as a pistol.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 2:52:20 PM EDT
[#14]
I've had a deposit in on one for almost 2 months via Atlantic Firearms.  They're still waiting for it to come in from Vector.  I'm getting antsy cause I want to get the paperwork out to SBR.

I do like that rail system as well.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 4:37:26 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I've had a deposit in on one for almost 2 months via Atlantic Firearms.  They're still waiting for it to come in from Vector.  I'm getting antsy cause I want to get the paperwork out to SBR.

Rumor has it that Vector is being sued for HK for copyright issues and procuction has all but halted on most of their weapons.

If that's true, then you may be waiting a long while until the lawsuit clears up and then it's a big friggin maybe!
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 6:14:20 PM EDT
[#16]
height=8
Quoted:
height=8
Quoted:

I do like that rail system as well. has
If that's true, then you may be waiting a long while until the lawsuit clears up and then it's a big friggin maybe!

Jeez...That's a bummer...big bummer.
Link Posted: 4/5/2008 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rumor has it that Vector is being sued for HK for copyright issues and procuction has all but halted on most of their weapons.

It must not be affecting the .308 stuff cause they are pumping the V51 stuff out. Just got my V51P today, and that was after about a three week wait. Not too shabby, timewise.
Link Posted: 4/6/2008 5:46:11 AM EDT
[#18]
I bought it as a pistol & then SBR'd it. It shoots great.

Link Posted: 4/9/2008 6:06:27 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
I bought it as a pistol & then SBR'd it. It shoots great.

i13.photobucket.com/albums/a278/aniazi/V53-1.jpg

Good-looking gun. I like the look with a collapsible stock. Thanks for the pic.

I ordered mine about 3 weeks ago but nothing heard yet. I hope my order doesn't get caught up in this lawsuit stuff. I also hope they don't "rush production" with imaginable results.
Link Posted: 4/9/2008 7:28:44 PM EDT
[#20]

I kinda doubt that.Why go to the trouble on guns that they (H&K) are neither making anymore OR could import if they were? I don't buy that at all. MUCH more likely is that they are short on parts or builders.
Link Posted: 4/10/2008 10:04:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Well I got a call from Vector today saying my V53 will ship Monday.  With all this talk of lawsuits and other allegations, I'm relieved that it's being shipped. Now if it just shows up at my door!
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:36:06 AM EDT
[#22]
Question about SBR on these.

Can you SBR the pistol or do you have to buy the one's that Vector is making specifically for SBR? I only ask because I noticed that the pistols are marked as such on the receiver.
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 8:45:57 AM EDT
[#23]
***Shameless Plug***

I have a mint V53 pistol for sale.  If anyone is interested...please PM me!

Maj
Link Posted: 4/14/2008 1:40:48 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Can you SBR the pistol or do you have to buy the one's that Vector is making specifically for SBR? I only ask because I noticed that the pistols are marked as such on the receiver.

You can SBR the pistol.  People SBR Hk SP89's all the time.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#25]
height=8
Quoted:
Well I got a call from Vector today saying my V53 will ship Monday.  With all this talk of lawsuits and other allegations, I'm relieved that it's being shipped. Now if it just shows up at my door!

Me too. my dealer called and said it was on the way.  I guess my SBR paperwork will be going in soon.
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 4:04:20 PM EDT
[#26]
height=8
Quoted:

You can SBR the pistol.  IMHO the best way to go.  No pulling of the can or costly modifications to the barrel.  Get your stamp - Get your weapon engraved - Add your stock.  
Link Posted: 4/16/2008 5:36:49 PM EDT
[#27]
I would recomend doing one on a form 4 as a factory SBR straight from Vector.  This way you don't have to worry about engraving.  But the wait will drive you crazy....
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 9:04:00 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I would recomend doing one on a form 4 as a factory SBR straight from Vector.  This way you don't have to worry about engraving.  But the wait will drive you crazy....

Yeah, I thought about that but it's too late now. I'm not crazy about engraving the receiver with about 30 characters just to satisfy the Feds. I read a post some time ago in one of the ARFCOM threads that said  "you won't have an M16 on day of of the war but you will on day two"!
Link Posted: 4/17/2008 10:12:04 AM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Copyright?

That generally means infringement of of paper or other media, and has nothing to do with guns.

If you meant Patent issues, then that does not matter much either, as Vector gets its receivers from SW & PTR. They would be the ones getting sued.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top