Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2007 12:24:31 PM EDT
I got one on my new M1A and I really like it. Seems to tame recoil well. I was shooting around dusk and didn't notice a flash signature at all. Big difference from the straight muzzle brake on my PTR91 -- you see a huge fireball with that.

Just curious what the general consensus on these was.
Link Posted: 10/7/2007 3:45:45 PM EDT
Here you go bro! I'm putting a pic of my "new" Colt Commander on the 1911 thread as well. I've been behind on my pics .

Link Posted: 10/7/2007 5:04:36 PM EDT
It's a muzzle brake not a flash suppressor. If it was a flash suppressor it wouldn't be California legal. I had one on my Poly Tech and it did nothing in the way of reducing muzzle flash.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 12:53:24 PM EDT

Originally Posted By JJREA:

Originally Posted By WilsonCQB1911:
Here you go bro! I'm putting a pic of my "new" Colt Commander on the 1911 thread as well. I've been behind on my pics .

i32.photobucket.com/albums/d26/vesel/DSC_0411.jpg

Awwwww sweet!!! Is that a loaded? And what kind of rail system is that? Did you put any rounds downrange with her?

Shot our two favorite pistols today!!!!! It was a good day. I gotta shoot my M1A soooooooon!!!

I've got about 150 rounds downrange so far. I LOVE the darn thing. I've always lusted after an M1A, but kept talking myself out of one because mags were too expensive, it wasn't a viable weapon anymore, etc etc. Well, I should've just gotten one all along. It's just absolutely amazing. I really do think it'll be my #1 go-to rifle like my Wilson is my #1 go-to pistol. I'm just in love.

It's the loaded model with the Vltor rail system. I purchased 13 Checkmate mags on-line and now I'm good to go .
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 1:16:47 PM EDT
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 3:43:04 PM EDT

Awwwww sweet!!! Is that a loaded? And what kind of rail system is that? Did you put any rounds downrange with her?

Shot our two favorite pistols today!!!!! It was a good day. I gotta shoot my M1A soooooooon!!!

I've got about 150 rounds downrange so far. I LOVE the darn thing. I've always lusted after an M1A, but kept talking myself out of one because mags were too expensive, it wasn't a viable weapon anymore, etc etc. Well, I should've just gotten one all along. It's just absolutely amazing. I really do think it'll be my #1 go-to rifle like my Wilson is my #1 go-to pistol. I'm just in love.

It's the loaded model with the Vltor rail system. I purchased 13 Checkmate mags on-line and now I'm good to go .

I would have no problem making mine my go to rifle. If it was 3 pounds lighter. I'm a wuss. My brothers poly though, no problem. I think it is almost 3 pounds lighter. Someday, I gotta get a light one built up. Or reconfigure mine. And with surplus ammo, they really don't kick too much. It is a fine weapon.

What rail system is that?
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 4:15:22 PM EDT

I would have no problem making mine my go to rifle. If it was 3 pounds lighter. I'm a wuss. My brothers poly though, no problem. I think it is almost 3 pounds lighter. Someday, I gotta get a light one built up. Or reconfigure mine. And with surplus ammo, they really don't kick too much. It is a fine weapon.

What rail system is that?

It's heavy, but not enough to cause me too much concern. But then again, I haven't hiked with it for 50 miles yet. I like my lightweight AR-15, but I think this is my go-to rifle now.

The rail system is made by Vltor. I think they used to offer it on its own, but now Springfield owns the rights to it, so it's only sold on their loaded top-of-the-line with rail model.
Link Posted: 10/8/2007 6:22:19 PM EDT

Originally Posted By raf:
... The FAL is considerably more accurate with the comp than without. I figure it's due to reduced barrel whip.

You are absolutely correct about the weight stopping the barrel whip.
I have a flash hider/muzzle brake on my Mini14 Ranch Rifle and it DOES MAKE a huge difference in accuracy.
I haven't done any testing with the tightening of the E2 stabilizer, i.e. torque levels vs accuracy, on my NM, but I'm betting you can find a "sweet spot" at a specific torque level tightening it down to the bayonet lug.
I'll get around trying it out one of these days.
Top Top