Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2002 10:04:15 AM EDT
no perverts need apply here-  
I have been unable to install 'the gapper' into the gap of my BM pistol grip/receiver.  

It looks like it would make the grip alot more comfortable...if I could install the damned thing!  Any tips or tricks for getting the little bastard installed?  
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:11:23 AM EDT
[#1]
Just stick it in there.  Right in between the front of the pistol grip and the back edge of the fold-down trigger guard.  It fills in the hole in between the "ears" for the trigger guard, the ones that wear through your knuckle.  It may need a little trimming.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:24:26 AM EDT
[#2]
The dang thing really won't fit in there, and I have tried putting CLP on it.  

I'll try trimming it, and then we'll see what happens.  I was afraid to trim it before I tried everything else possible.  Perhaps putting it in the freezer would shrink it down enough to fit without trimmning...  
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 10:25:13 AM EDT
[#3]
I found it easier to install when I backed the pistol grip screw out a little bit.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 12:58:43 PM EDT
[#4]
When I put one on my Dissipator it was a little tight but it finally popped into place. Loosening the grip screw does sound like it might help a little.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 1:31:48 PM EDT
[#5]
Remember,  the longer of the two "leaf's" will be touching your middle finger when installed correctly and you are gripping your gun.
Link Posted: 2/5/2002 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#6]
that's not what the instructions say- they show the whole damned thing inside the grip gap.  there should be no leaf hanging out
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top