Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/12/2013 3:34:02 PM EDT
So heres my questions I would really appreciate some help from someone who has filed using the eforms.

Going to do a Form 1 today or tomorrow.

#1.  Are you uploading the pdf (or whatever word document) version of your trust except for wherever you needed signatures, (which you ended up scanning first then uploading)?

Or

Are you just scanning the entire trust (every page even though the only ones that are different are the signed and notarized pages) document and then uploading it?

Also,
Do I upload the assignment sheet?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:52:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the entire trust scanned into one single .pdf.

I'm at a loss to what you are saying with option "#1".

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 3:53:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have the entire trust scanned into one single .pdf.

View Quote

This is what I have done as well.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:06:51 PM EDT
[#3]
To clarify what i meant:  

I have a Pdf file of my trust sent from my lawyer, which I printed out and had notarized.  My question was do I need to scan every page of the trust (13 pages) now that it is notarized or only the ones that have been signed and notarized?

The only difference is option 1 would be using the crystal clear computer version of most pages + scanning the signed ones versus scanning every page and losing quality of images.

The Assignment sheet is whats confusing me though, is that something you are uploading as well?
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:12:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Just sent mine off.   Scanned the entire document and sent the entire document.  Put a $2 on the schedule A before I sent it.  Hope that's going to work.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:40:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Are you just uploading your trust and certificate of trust to your eform form 1?  

Or are you also adding a notarized assignment sheet for each item ex: Make/model/serial number of your receiver
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:51:32 PM EDT
[#6]
I upload a scanned copy of my signed and executed trust along with a scanned copy of the assignment sheet.  I had to break it up into 3 sections though due to the attachment size limits of the eForms website.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 4:58:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Ok so is this right:

Upload a notarized assignment sheet with new items information everytime you file a new form?  

I am confused because if I Form 1 a firearm I already own does that mean that the firearm is now owned by the trust even before I get my stamp approved?

Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:10:40 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok so is this right:

Upload a notarized assignment sheet with new items information everytime you file a new form?  

I am confused because if I Form 1 a firearm I already own does that mean that the firearm is now owned by the trust even before I get my stamp approved?

View Quote

Had a lawyer do my trust.  He asked that I not add any firearms that I had intentions of SBR, SBS, AOW'ing.....ect to the trust before I had a stamp for that firearm.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:33:34 PM EDT
[#9]
That confuses me even more.  Can anyone else weigh in on this?

To those that have submitted eforms do I need to submit a Notarized Assignment sheet for a Form 1 SBR?

Fwiw mine was drawn up by a lawyer also as an NFA trust
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 6:53:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Submit your entire trust with assignment sheets and everything.  Don't leave anything out or it may delay you.  The entire trust with signatures needs to be scanned into one .pdf file that is smaller than 3mb.
Link Posted: 12/12/2013 7:26:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
That confuses me even more.  Can anyone else weigh in on this?

To those that have submitted eforms do I need to submit a Notarized Assignment sheet for a Form 1 SBR?

Fwiw mine was drawn up by a lawyer also as an NFA trust
View Quote

I went with option #1.  Also I did not add the Schedule A.  If they ask for it I'll let you know.  I filed the E-form yesterday.

I don't think whether you have something in your schedule A is going to mater every time.  
The fist form 1 I mailed in  had absolutely nothing more than a blank sheet of paper with the words Schedule A at the top.  I got my stamp no problem
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top