Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/21/2004 6:20:28 PM EDT

Well just finished cleaning up my new Yugo SKS I bought as a gift toward myself as a reward for nearly 14 hours straight studying for my Econ examine which I B'd. I'm proud,

Any way, the rifle is wonderful, however the front sight is off center (to the right) and I'm thinking I just hammer the round thing sticking out the side (toward the right). However I'm worried there is another, easier trick, like it just twists or something. Thanks.

I'll get pics up when I'm no longer a lazy slug.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:43:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Hammering the "round thingy" would be the crude way of doing it, but you have the right idea.

There is a C-clamp sort of tool made to push the sight barrel one way or the other. A bonus to one of these tools is the clamp handle is notched so you can adjust the elevation by turning the sight post in or out like an AR.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:09:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Pricy
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 8:11:15 PM EDT
[#4]
How do you know where it is supposed to be?

A lot of them have to be seriously off center to zero the rifle.

Dennis Jenkins
[

quote]Quoted:
Well just finished cleaning up my new Yugo SKS I bought as a gift toward myself as a reward for nearly 14 hours straight studying for my Econ examine which I B'd. I'm proud,

Any way, the rifle is wonderful, however the front sight is off center (to the right) and I'm thinking I just hammer the round thing sticking out the side (toward the right). However I'm worried there is another, easier trick, like it just twists or something. Thanks.

I'll get pics up when I'm no longer a lazy slug.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 11:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
It looks a bit WAY off. I have had several "vintage" rifles and their sights are always wrong.  Once you center the bad boys they shoot great. I'm just assuming the reason for the sights being off normaly is because they get knocked about  over time.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 5:37:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:21:50 PM EDT
[#7]
I used that tool and the tool itself bent. Had to resort to using a punchout and a hammer.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top