Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/15/2011 7:08:02 PM EDT
I just bought a secondhand STG556 stock on a whim to have the ability to switch between a green and a black stock.
My rifle was one of the most recent generation without the fwd assist and the one green one I just bought has it.

The FA stock will not accept my receiver, what would I need to do to make it work?
Would it be a wrong to make any changes to this stock, for collectability I mean?
Link Posted: 3/15/2011 7:20:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Call Ratworx USA and you can mail them the older foward assist stock to have it modified to fit your new design receiver.

Link Posted: 3/16/2011 7:29:44 AM EDT
[#2]
you can modify the stock to take a square lock but to make the forward assit funcgional you need a bolt carrir with a "ribbed" left side rod. i have a fist gen gun with the forward assit and it has "ribs" cut into the left side rod but my newer msar fourth gen carrir does not have them.

wihtout the ribs cut into it there is nothing for the foward assist "tooth" to engage and act on to push the carrir assembly forward

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top