Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
10/20/2017 1:01:18 AM
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 9/4/2005 9:47:35 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/4/2005 9:48:15 PM EDT by jimtash9]
I have an SW-52 rifle and although it works well, the recoil is horrendous. I've heard some people have had luck with the HK-21 buffer or I even thought about using the 91 heavy buffer, but what would I need to do to use one of those buffers with my rifle? Also, the stock that came with it is one of those cheap plastic ones and I don't see where a buffer would fit so I'm guessing that I also need a replacement stock too? I'm not as familiar with the roller lock design as say I am with the USC/UMP so any help is appreciated. BTW, the recoil is the only thing that keeps me from shooting it because this rifle will actually bruise my shoulder. Thanks.

Link Posted: 9/5/2005 3:32:28 AM EDT
Jim
Does the bolt carrier have a triangular piece that comes out of the back, toward the stock (buffered carrier) ? if it has a buffered carrier options are limited. If It has an unbuffered carrier you could use a HK93 stock with the metal backplate which has a buffer. If you do have the unbuffered, I think I can help you out. Email me and let's see what we can do.
Where in NC are you? I'm near Raleigh and Fayetteville.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 6:34:52 AM EDT

Originally Posted By esse:
Jim
Does the bolt carrier have a triangular piece that comes out of the back, toward the stock (buffered carrier) ? if it has a buffered carrier options are limited. If It has an unbuffered carrier you could use a HK93 stock with the metal backplate which has a buffer. If you do have the unbuffered, I think I can help you out. Email me and let's see what we can do.
Where in NC are you? I'm near Raleigh and Fayetteville.

I don't see any triangular piece that comes out the back of the carrier but what it does have is a seperate spring and on this spring is a tubular buffer. This part apparently fits into a recess in the stock.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:48:56 AM EDT
The reason there is buffer is becasue SW uses standard SW5 9mm stocks on the SW32/52 guns. I also do not shoot mine either because he recoil is worse than my G3. I too have been toying with different recoil systems but have had no luck except broken/bent stocks after I toy with taming the beast.
Link Posted: 9/5/2005 9:57:13 AM EDT
[Last Edit: 9/5/2005 10:01:35 AM EDT by hk4evr]
Also, try using a HK93 stock.....I have had some luck with this.
Top Top