Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Page Armory » Blades
Site Notices
Posted: 6/7/2009 4:48:11 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/7/2009 4:49:16 PM EST by mak0]
I'm interested in a Pro-Tech Ciabatta. Anyone here have one? Do you like it?

It has a very unique spring assisted opening mechanism that would make it legal to carry here in NJ (autos are not legal). My main concern is whether or not it is worth $150.

Thoughts?
Link Posted: 6/8/2009 3:02:20 PM EST
Don't have a ciabatta, but i do have a godfather. Its not a user because of the blade shape, but it is built amazingly well. I've fired it thousands of times and its still tight as a drum. Fit and finish is among the best i've seen on a production knife

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 1:31:49 AM EST
ProTech makes great knives...and worth the money. I bought a used and abused Godfather awhile back and had issues with the release button. I sent it back and they rebuilt it [no charge] and replaced the damaged handle scales...again no charge.
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 10:40:06 PM EST
I've got several ProTechs and they all are very well built and extremely durable.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 6:04:15 PM EST
I don't have the ciabatta, but like others, have other Protech knives. They make quality knives and their customer service is great. Go for it.
Link Posted: 6/16/2009 4:53:18 PM EST
Been wondering this myself. I'm thinking about getting one of the "Tactical Response" models for work (LEO). Basically just looking for something that I can deploy quickly as a backup weapon.

I can't tell if there's any difference between the TR-1, TR-2, and TR-3 though other than cosmetic differences.
Page Armory » Blades
Top Top