BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/19/2002 6:49:43 PM EDT
1)  Rifle?
2)  Ammo?
3)  Best -- Worst -- Average Groups?

Thanks.

I just fired my new-used Sendero for the first time.  Groups were around 1.3" with both Remington hunting ammo and Federal Gold Match.  Hummm.........could be the shooter.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:02:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Browning Stainless Steel Stalker A-Bolt with the BOSS system.  6.5X20X50mm Leupold Vari-XIII.

"Whoah..."

That's what I said when I got three shot groups inside 1" at 350 yards.

The BOSS system is amazing.  Makes barrel harmonics work in your favor.  Adjusts the rifle to the ammo.  My 300 Win Mag rifle is absolutely amazing.  I'm more than confident that any 12" target within 700 yards (on a calm day) will catch 2,000+ foot pounds of my lead.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:05:28 PM EDT
[#2]
How is the recoil with the Boss Hokie -- have you shot it without the Boss to compare?
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
My .300WM is built on a Remington 700 (LH) action. It has a Shilen select match barrel, 26" length and closely matches Remington factory barrel profile. It wears a HS-Precision stock and is topped off with a Leupold Vari-XIII 3.5x10 scope.

With my handloads, consisting of 180 gr. Barnes "X" bullet, pushed by 75 grains of Reloader 22 and touched off by a Federal Magnum primer, it will shoot sub 1/2" groups at 100 yds. if I do my part.
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 7:14:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Yes, I forgot to mention that part, sorry.

The break on that bad boy is extremely useful on the shoulder, but oh man does it shake your skull!  Recoil-wise the BOSS turns the shot into a 'shimmy' that you could control standing up in a loose stance.  Without, and you'd take a whippin'.

Without the break, it's a very loud gun and takes a toll on your shoulder.  One shot hunting I'm sure it'd be fine.  The BOSS system comes with a conventional recoil piece as well as the muzzle break.  You can switch em out to your preference and still get the harmonics.

With the break, it's a very VERY loud gun and you will feel the shockwave pass through your cranium  Those standing around you will look vacantly down range with dilated pupils.

Lol, seriously, it's an amazing system and it's a matter of time before all big bore rifles have them.  It just makes sense and I see nothing wrong with them.  It's just amazing really.  Most accurate rifle I've ever seen.  And I haven't even tested it's limits yet!!!
Link Posted: 8/19/2002 9:28:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I seems to be very accurate.

I have a Remington 700 Sendero in 300WM, Leupold Vari-X III 6.5x20-50mm LRT Mil-Dot scope 30mm Tube, Leupold 20moa slope Scope mount.

I use my own handloads which are: Sierra 175gr HPBT Match (Moly Coated), 73.1gr AA-3100, WLRM primers, Federal Gold Medal Brass.

One day there was a guy with wind flags next to me. I waited until there was no wind and got a 3/4" group at 200 yards.

I still haven't maxed all of its potential yet.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top