Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page Armory » 50 Cal
Posted: 1/8/2005 10:31:19 PM EDT
I am thinking about taking the plunge into .50 cal.  I have some spare lowers hanging around, and it seems like a .50 upper is the cheapest way to go.  However, in my mind the real reason for buying a .50 cal is very long range accuracy.  How do the .50 cal uppers which fit on an AR lower compare with a dedicated .50 cal like the Serbu or AR-50?  I would have no interest in a 50 BMG which could not consistently shoot at least 1 moa reguardless of the price.  Any knowledge/experience appreciated.  Thanks in advance.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 2:01:06 AM EDT
[#1]
the http://www.50bmg.net ALS upper is probably you best bet for now.
It's been winning at the FCSA matches recently.
The long barreled Ferret SuperComp has done OK too.

A stock BFG recently won a match for a 1st time competitor too.

Most of the other uppers are geared toward the lightweight short barreled market for hunting/plinking out in the boonies.  The 22" UltraMag I've got set up with a holosight is pretty quick and accurate out to 500yds.  But I've never really sat down to test it with a scope beyond that yet.  They (and the Ultralite50 or Anzio) are available with longer 29" barrels, but I've not yet read of anybody posting a review with such a kit.
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 12:09:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Check out www.anzioironworks.com they have a complete gun for 1900, that's with fed exercise tax paid.  Mine shoots sub moa and  I love it  the best gun out there for the money.   Kevin
Page Armory » 50 Cal
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top