Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2002 3:54:46 AM EDT
I was looking at the Israeli special forces site and ran into this setup. I guess it must be for shorter distance "urban" snipping. I have an A1 upper with a useless 11.5 barrel. I think a Bushmaster supper light-weight 16 inch barrel and birdcage flash hidder would give the look.
I have an M4 upper but I want something different. I haven't seen this setup at the range yet.
www.isayeret.com/weapons/assault/car15/car15dm.htm
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:48:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't do my own snipping, I go to a barber.  He's my snipper.

Sorry dude.
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 5:57:55 AM EDT
[#2]
It looks like you are probably correct.  A shoot and move sniping system.  Light enough to be picked up and moved instantly, and used at closer ranges.

TheRedGoat

Just checked the site, That weapon was under the "assault" category.  Not the Sniper category.

I noticed they have a suppressed Ruger 10/22 in that category, makes you go hmmmm...  A suppressed .22 rifle.  Wonder what you would use THAT for?  
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:20:51 AM EDT
[#3]
Last information I had the Israeli's were using Mauser 66SP's and 86R's(?) for their bolt-gun sniper rifles and the SR-25 for the semi-auto sniper.

Events in the Afghan seem to prove even a 14.5" barrel has something 100 meters or less effective range so I'm thinking 16" is about the shortest barrel I'm going with.  In fact, I'm considering rebarreling one of my AR-15's to 18" and will probably use a Douglas barrel.  (The Douglas recommendation comes from "SF" who occasionally posts on this board.)
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 7:53:04 AM EDT
[#4]
It looks more like, "How much stuff can you strap onto a 'lightweight' carbine."
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:54:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
It looks more like, "How much stuff can you strap onto a 'lightweight' carbine."

Yeah but they missed a few "Mall Ninja" accesories....

You know, if they got the scope a little higher, they could use it while shoting from the hip!
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 9:20:19 AM EDT
[#6]
This pre-ban Bushmaster does a really good job as a 0-200 yard "snipper".

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 10:34:58 AM EDT
[#7]

I noticed they have a suppressed Ruger 10/22 in that category, makes you go hmmmm...  A suppressed .22 rifle.  Wonder what you would use THAT for?  

OY, VEY! We use it to shoot Palestinians! What the hell else do you think it's used for?

themao
Link Posted: 4/2/2002 6:44:16 PM EDT
[#8]
Like this?:

Link Posted: 4/2/2002 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

OY, VEY! We use it to shoot Palestinians! What the hell else do you think it's used for?

themao

Lights - street lights, lights above door ways -a good use for such a tool.

Link Posted: 4/3/2002 10:25:09 AM EDT
[#10]
I cannot be the only one who looked at that and recalled that FAL rifles were equipped with a low sightline for a reason.

IIRC, the reason was that an inch makes a big difference if the bullets coming the wrong way are near your head.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top