Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/19/2010 6:30:39 PM EDT
I need a little help, am new to progressives and have what I think is a problem with no fix other then using a different die set..but want to pick everyones brain ...I might be doing somthing wrong...
I started reloading plinkers so I purchased a Hornady AP progressive to save time, it works fine in 223 with my berger dies, but when I switched to 308 I ran into the problem of it not having enough room on the seating station to set the bullet on the case , when it starts to spin to that station I set the bullet in the case, but as it indexes and raises up it will hit the bullet and knock it off before it is far enough over for the bullet to enter the die..I think it is because the berder dies have the bullet guide sticking about a half inch below the die base, Any one who uses berger dies in 308 have any ideas?
the die is the fl match die set (bushing)
Link Posted: 4/20/2010 4:10:38 AM EDT
[#1]
Hold the bullet up into the seating die, and let the case swing around under it, then line it up as it goes in? Might have to slow down a bit on the upstroke.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top