Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2014 1:18:59 PM EDT
Getting ready to put flood lights and security cameras on the house within the next few months as remodeling is taking place and need some input. First will be the lights and was looking to put Secure home 240 degree 2 head LED motion detection lights with timer from Lowes on all 4 corners  of the house positioned to cover all lines of sight and was wondering if any of you have either used these or have any other options that you could recommend,I'm all ears. These lights are $90 a piece so I'd like to not go over $100 a piece. Both entrances will have a motion detector wall light with manual override that will be left on at night also so I'm thinking with the 2 door lights left on and the floods left on at night things should be covered. The back 2 floods will be on one switch and the front 2 will be on another switch or would it be better/overkill to have individual switch for each light incase problems arise with an individual light. The cameras will be a total different question cause I know I m looking at HD with IR illuminators but I don't want to cross that bridge just yet until my lighting is in place then I'll throw that question at y'all when the time comes.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 7:08:19 PM EDT
[#1]
RAB sensors are great, they don't false trigger much and they are very reliable.  I am going on 10+ years with several of them.

http://www.rabweb.com/products.php?line=outdoor

Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:24:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
RAB sensors are great, they don't false trigger much and they are very reliable.  I am going on 10+ years with several of them.

http://www.rabweb.com/products.php?line=outdoor  
View Quote

Big plus 1, mine even said, Made in U.S.A. on them

Yes, they cost more.
Link Posted: 8/10/2014 8:39:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Rab is the best. Look at the watts or lumens on the pre made floodlights.  A round weather proof box, round three hole cover, Rab motion detector, and two 5K plus color temp 100/120 Watt LED floods might make more light.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top