Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/22/2020 9:57:50 PM EDT
Anyone have any idea what this hole is for? It is not on all Para butt pads. Is it for a locking rod when in a rack or ?

see the butt pad in this picture.  I apologize for the round about way to get the picture to you but currently photo bucket and I are having a operator headspace error problem.

https://www.google.com/search?q=fal+para+stock&safe=active&sxsrf=ALeKk02r1j3ygEAjMfi4OKfapGfxaVHvCg:1603418382689&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwjwjoH5zsnsAhWlY98KHfnnDMkQ_AUoAXoECAcQAw&biw=1317&bih=750#imgrc=vPlPDh83jctgCM
Link Posted: 10/25/2020 2:31:17 PM EDT
[#1]
No idea what the hole is for, but here’s the picture.

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Attaching a hook for a sling to the butt, maybe?  That's all I can think if.  The FNC version has a loop on the buttplate for that purpose.

Older folding stocks lack the hole.  It came out in the 1970s at the earliest, maybe the 1980s.

This is an original and complete 1963-production FN 50.63/para:

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 6:24:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Mattjedi - Thank you for posting the picture for me.

Bigstick61 - my 1981 imported FN 50.63 has the hole.

Thank you for the replies.  Hopefully someone somewhere will give us the answer.

Link Posted: 10/25/2020 8:41:11 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Mattjedi - Thank you for posting the picture for me.

Bigstick61 - my 1981 imported FN 50.63 has the hole.

Thank you for the replies.  Hopefully someone somewhere will give us the answer.

View Quote

My dad has one of the 1980s 50.63 imports and it, too, has the hole (I think all of those did).  I don't think any 50.63s were imported commercially before the 1980s.  It wouldn't shock me if a handful got imported by private individuals, though, although I've never heard of one.  They first came out in the early 1960s.  The one in the picture I posted is also a "lightweight" 50.63, so the trigger housing, trigger guard, pistol grip nut, stock bolt, and pistol grip stud are all made of hiduminium (an aluminum alloy), as were the magazines normally sent with lightweight models.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top