Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/19/2017 7:27:10 PM
Posted: 8/7/2002 10:43:38 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 8/7/2002 10:44:18 PM EDT by ComputerGuy]
OK, I've narrowed my next purchase down to these three options:

A flattop M4 profile 10mm carbine with tan furniture from CavArms.

Cost? I'd probably have about 600-700 in it with a few high caps....

Advantages: Always wanted one, major cool factor, would make a good home defense rifle, a hot 10mm wouldnt have a problem taking a deer.. I already have the lower

Disadvantages: Spendy ammo, high caps are 60ish a pop!!!!

or...

a Beretta model 92FS Brigader.. 9mm..

Costs about 550 - 600

Advantages: Cheap ammo so I could shoot it lots, good solid reliable and accurate pistol

Disadvantages: High caps around around 40....

or...

a Kimber Custom Target

Costs about 700-750..

Advanages: It's a .45 ACP, good home defense around as well, cheap mags, very fine pistol

Disadvanges: No high caps, the spendiest on the list..

This next purchase will be used for plinking mostly, and home defense. I would not feel under armed with 17 rounds of 9mm +p+ so don't say 9mm sucks.

I do not have any handguns at the moment, so I am kind of leaning towards them, although I really want that 10mm!!!!!!

Lets hear your input... (I do not need to hear get an HK, etc etc blah blah)

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/7/2002 11:57:10 PM EDT
Get the Kimber.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:14:13 AM EDT
I would also vote for a 1911, but would suggest looking at a Springfield Loaded or a Colt.

I've had 2 series 1 Kimbers, neither of which were reliable without work/replaced parts. I know others like them, and they do look nice. My experience has been otherwise.

I just picked up an OD green Loaded SA, and it it is an awesome shooter. In fact, my Series 1 full size Kimber is on consignment in a local shop. On top of that, the loaded Springfield should be less than the Kimber.

I have also been happy with my 80 series Colts.

As far as pricey ammo for the 10mm, reload. End of problem.

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 11:32:28 AM EDT
kimber. you will get much more use out of it.

I have yet to understand why anyone would want a 92fs. A BIG fullsize handgun that shoots bb's. If your going big you may as well get some bang as well.
Link Posted: 8/8/2002 12:10:42 PM EDT
My newest firearm is a Kimber and I can't shoot it enough. I'm reloading with lead bullets for about $4/box which is very reasonable. The small grip, relatively low kick and accuracy, make this one fine plinker.

These guns are still made out of steel too!

Link Posted: 8/8/2002 7:37:35 PM EDT
Get the Kimber - I have the Custom Target - You won't be disappointed.

Tony
Top Top