Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
1/22/2020 12:12:56 PM
Posted: 1/16/2015 8:23:00 PM EST
First of all I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here or in the NFA section but I'm looking at an MP5 on gunbroker and have a question.

The seller says that it is a registered S&H Sear that is married to the receiver. I asked him for clarification and he said that the host is a two pin gun and that the form 4 says 'machine gun sear but the s/n for the host is on the paperwork.

I've never heard of a build like this and am looking for a sear to move around. Does anyone have any insight on if the sear an host could be 'divorced'?

Thanks,
Tom
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 9:44:37 PM EST
Sounds like a permanently married sear/receiver. With the push-pin trigger pack, I'm not sure you could register the host as an SBR to un-marry them. It's analogous to the M16 conversions where someone put the serial number on the auto-sear itself and drilled the third hole. You wouldn't be able to pull the sear out without having an un-registered post-86 machine gun (the lower with the 3rd pin hole).
Link Posted: 1/16/2015 10:46:34 PM EST
The sear can only be used in that gun. Unlike other sears that can be swapped from gun host to gun host.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 5:43:38 PM EST
Originally Posted By KavonTN:
First of all I wasn't sure whether or not to post this here or in the NFA section but I'm looking at an MP5 on gunbroker and have a question.

The seller says that it is a registered S&H Sear that is married to the receiver. I asked him for clarification and he said that the host is a two pin gun and that the form 4 says 'machine gun sear but the s/n for the host is on the paperwork.

I've never heard of a build like this and am looking for a sear to move around. Does anyone have any insight on if the sear an host could be 'divorced'?

Thanks,
Tom
View Quote

I found the gun on gunbroker. That gun is a registered receiver. No movable sear.
Link Posted: 1/17/2015 8:54:56 PM EST
Thanks, I appreciate the help. I'll tell him I'm not interested.
Top Top