Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/1/2008 1:07:48 PM EST
Do all Hk 93/33 stocks have buffers in them?
Link Posted: 6/1/2008 3:17:40 PM EST
No not all do. Some require the use of a buffered carrier.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:03:33 AM EST
Can we use both a buffered stock and buffered carrier?
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 8:20:57 AM EST
yes. The buffer in the stock is in the center, while the buffer in the carrier is offset.

Link Posted: 6/2/2008 9:14:12 AM EST
The old style convex butt "grenade launching" collapsible stocks do not have buffers.

The new style concave butt collapsible stocks have a buffer.

The A2 stocks with metal back plates have a buffer.

The all plastic A2 stocks do not have buffers.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 11:38:40 AM EST

Originally Posted By osprey21:
The old style convex butt "grenade launching" collapsible stocks do not have buffers.

To add to Osprey's posting, there are a few convex butt "grenade launching" collapsible stocks on the market with buffers. These are G3(7.62x51) stocks that Vector has "cut-down" to fit on their line of 93/53(5.56x45) rifles. Just wanted to give a heads-up, so that no one will get confused.
Link Posted: 6/2/2008 6:35:53 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/2/2008 6:38:04 PM EST by Lon_Moer]

Originally Posted By ARKAR:

To add to Osprey's posting, there are a few convex butt "grenade launching" collapsible stocks on the market with buffers. These are G3(7.62x51) stocks that Vector has "cut-down" to fit on their line of 93/53(5.56x45) rifles. Just wanted to give a heads-up, so that no one will get confused.

This is what I'm doing on my build, but I'm using a PTR stock (for compliance part). I have already cut a G3 backplate and removed the recoil rod. So, I am interested to know;

- will the G3 buffer work with a -93 bolt carrier? If I use a buffered carrier, does the stock buffer even work? If not I'll pull it out and make a cover plate.

- the recoil rod on a -93 is free floating, now that I have removed the G3 fixed recoil rod, do I need to weld up that hole for the -93's recoil rod?

sorry if I'm hijacking this thread.
Link Posted: 6/3/2008 1:56:30 AM EST

Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:

- will the G3 buffer work with a -93 bolt carrier?

Yes

If I use a buffered carrier, does the stock buffer even work?

The plunger in the carrier is longer than the the plunger in the stock, so no, the stocks buffer doesn't really come into play.

If not I'll pull it out and make a cover plate.

No real need to do that, unless you just want to tinker with it.

- the recoil rod on a -93 is free floating, now that I have removed the G3 fixed recoil rod, do I need to weld up that hole for the -93's recoil rod?

That would depend on the diameter of the hole. On some stocks a hole acts as a retaining "cup" for the recoil rod to nest in, others (metal back plate A2) have an actual cup welded on.

Link Posted: 6/3/2008 12:12:45 PM EST

Originally Posted By Lon_Moer:

- will the G3 buffer work with a -93 bolt carrier?

Yes

If I use a buffered carrier, does the stock buffer even work?

The plunger in the carrier is longer than the the plunger in the stock, so no, the stocks buffer doesn't really come into play.

If not I'll pull it out and make a cover plate.

No real need to do that, unless you just want to tinker with it.

That would depend on the diameter of the hole. On some stocks a hole acts as a retaining "cup" for the recoil rod to nest in, others (metal back plate A2) have an actual cup welded on.

i30.tinypic.com/nnv788.jpg
i26.tinypic.com/2kf2mu.jpg

Excellent, thank you!
Top Top