Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 1/4/2012 8:23:33 AM EST
Anyone have one? If so, how do they run? Can you shoot lead bullet through it safely?

Thank you.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 9:51:19 AM EST
Inquiring minds want to know.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 1:01:12 PM EST
My 9mm was a fine little rifle especially considering the price.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 3:15:19 PM EST
I own the 4595, it is an accurate shooter. I have not shot lead nose, but have shot tula, wolf, blazer alum, blazer brass, & WWB. I'd like to try some lead nose. Recoil and report are minimal. Some negatives: 9 round mag, it is expensive to shoot, and the Haters will line up to bad mouth it and help you shoot your ammo up. I have put ~ 700 rds through it since May. I keep it in my trunk with 8 mags of ammo.

Flame on
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:14:19 PM EST
As I have posted several times. At $299 I could not pass it up. In the hay field with 2 liter bottles filled with water lined up it is a hoot to shoot.

I ended up putting on a light, vertical grip, and mag holders. It stays leaned up in the corner of the TV room ready to answer the call.

If I could do it all over again, I might have considered 9mm for cost effectiveness or 40 because that is what I shoot.

Haven't shot lead nose yet. Don't have any. Don't plan on buying any either.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 4:40:20 PM EST
Why lead nose? I reload and just go with the plated bullets (not FMJ) for range plinking. Saves money over the FMJ and saves barrel from leading.
Link Posted: 1/4/2012 7:36:54 PM EST
Originally Posted By forever4:
Why lead nose? I reload and just go with the plated bullets (not FMJ) for range plinking. Saves money over the FMJ and saves barrel from leading.

Because I have thousands of rounds loaded with lead bullets. Shells were originally loaded for bowling pin shooting with the 1911, but was hoping to get a carbine that would digest the lead.

thanks for the input.

Link Posted: 1/5/2012 4:59:07 AM EST
Originally Posted By mknherhappy:

Because I have thousands of rounds loaded with lead bullets. Shells were originally loaded for bowling pin shooting with the 1911, but was hoping to get a carbine that would digest the lead.

thanks for the input.

Ah.........
Link Posted: 1/5/2012 3:36:39 PM EST
Originally Posted By mknherhappy:

thanks for the input.

Now, I want to know. Post back here if you buy one or shoot one with your ammo. I'm in Iowa City several times a year, probably February. PM me if you are close and have a place to shoot. I could bring the 4595 and we could give her a whirl.
Link Posted: 1/6/2012 5:32:44 AM EST
All I can tell you is that my old 995 will start throwing 9mm bullets sideways if I shoot more than one 50rd box of lead bullets through it (unless I clean it thoroughly).
the bad news is I have thousands already loaded and I need to shoot them up. This is the only 9mm I currently own.
Top Top