Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/26/2001 6:34:31 PM EDT
Anyone know of an extended tube for Browning Auto-5s ? I don't mind the 26" barrel, but more than 5 rnds would be handy ???
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:46:05 PM EDT
[#1]
I do not think that is currently legal. A semi auto shotgun can not have more then 5 rd cap. They used to have surplus FN A-5 police shotguns in shotgun news. They had a higher cap and they were shorter.
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:48:55 PM EDT
[#2]
i thought that a shotgun could have more than 5 as long as it had a regular stock...
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:50:16 PM EDT
[#3]
a few years ago sog had some original pre 1937  12 ga auto-5's that were old police guns that were 8 rounders.  They are super rare.  

As the story goes i didn't have enough money at the time to buy one. But if i see another im getting it come hell or high water
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:56:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I was mistaken I just looked at the NRA web page.....Stupid laws

"a semi-automatic shotgun that has at least two of the following: a folding or telescoping stock; a pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; a fixed magazine in excess of five rounds; and an ability to accept a detachable magazine. "
Link Posted: 11/26/2001 6:59:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I found a 2 rd extension kit in my gun parts corp book. Made by choate. Will fit models with 20" barrels. 41.55 $
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 12:27:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Once again...Thank you, gents, for the info. I will try to follow up. Sounds like my "riot gun" idea may necessitate a new barrel, also.
Link Posted: 11/27/2001 2:09:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
a few years ago sog had some original pre 1937  12 ga auto-5's that were old police guns that were 8 rounders.  They are super rare.  

As the story goes i didn't have enough money at the time to buy one. But if i see another im getting it come hell or high water

Those were the coolest deal I regret not buying one then.
GG
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top