Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/15/2001 8:30:21 AM EDT
The boss and I were just talking and the question came up about which firearms use clips. Naturally the M1 Garand is first on the list and we thought MAYBE the broomhandle Mauser. Does anyone know? I dont mean strippers, but clips that actually go in with the cartridges.
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#1]
S&W makes a revolver w/ half-moon clips which hold 45acp rounds. There are other revolvers that have full 6 round clips and I'm not sure of all of them.

Mike
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 11:54:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:01:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Italian Carcano bolt-guns use a clip that drops out the bottom of the magazine after the last round. I think that has to do with the design's great success!

The Jap Nambu Type 3 MG (I think) used a feed strip. (Not a clip per se, but not a stripper and not a box, either.)
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:34:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 11/15/2001 12:57:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Styer made a straight pull bolt action called the M96 that used an en-bloc clip.  Early 1900's vintage and it fired a 8X56R round.
Have one in the collector case, quite an interesting little rifle.
Link Posted: 11/19/2001 3:38:58 AM EDT
[#6]
The German Model 1888 Commission Rifle also used an en bloc clip.

The Japanese Nambu Type 11 Machinegun had a hopper feed system where up to six 5-round clips of ammo could be fed.  These were the same clips used as stripper clips in their rifles.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top