Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
11/24/2017 4:44:23 PM
11/22/2017 10:05:29 PM
Posted: 9/10/2004 4:02:47 PM EST
Can anyone help me with taking down a Winchester Ranger 30 30? I want to clean one but don't know what to take apart for general maintenance/cleaning. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Sleepy717
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 9:58:47 PM EST
Gun scrubber will save you a lot of headaches!!!!

Just use gun scrubber and an air compressor to clean the assembled rifle. Once clean, just relube the action to prevent rusting.

Unless you have the action packed with sand or grit (wedge in between the parts) you should never need to tear the rifle down.
Note: Even on a good day, it takes me 20 min to pull all the parts and put them back in. If you haven't pulled one down before, Don't start now.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 5:58:28 AM EST
I don't know about the Winny but my Marlin 336 goes like this...open lever, remove the screw that retains hte lever. Pull lever straight down and back, pull bolt back through the receiver. To assemble go in reverse order.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:06:26 AM EST

Originally Posted By PONY_DRIVER:
I don't know about the Winny but my Marlin 336 goes like this...open lever, remove the screw that retains hte lever. Pull lever straight down and back, pull bolt back through the receiver. To assemble go in reverse order.

+1... I think the winchester should be pretty much the same. That way you can clean from the breech.
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:14:45 PM EST
On the Win, you have to remove the handle retaining screw to drop the handle out to the carrier. To get to the screw, you slightly cock the action, then go in the top back hole on the non feed side of the receiver to spin the screw out (it the hole with no pins or screws in it).
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 12:52:09 PM EST
I hate taking apart Winchester levers. Don't start now, unless you have a weekend to kill the first time. Oh, and if you really like frustration, try an 86'.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:44:29 AM EST

Originally Posted By guns762:
I hate taking apart Winchester levers. Don't start now, unless you have a weekend to kill the first time. Oh, and if you really like frustration, try an 86'.

Word.

Top Top