Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/9/2003 5:14:24 PM EDT
I am trying to change the forgrip on my Remington 870 and cant get it off.  It has the nut that holds it on but I cant get it off. Is there anyway to get it off without the spcial socket they sell I have about anyother tool you can imangian so guys how did you change yours out. Also I have not even looked at the stock but am going to change that also so before I start any info on that would be great.
Thanks
SCAR
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 5:38:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the forend removal tool, I'd be willing to mail it to you if you pay postage. I'd trade ya even for a AR15 barrel or telestock wrench.  Email me.  

Ryan
Link Posted: 1/9/2003 6:16:40 PM EDT
[#2]
In a pinch you can make a tool out of a flat piece of steel or a pipe that is the same size as the nut.

Also if it is an older or used gun the nut may be very tight. I've bent tools trying to get some of them off. Try a little penetrating oil first.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 2:48:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Scar, If you look at the nut, you could make one from some flat stock. Then you can either use an adjustable wrench or drill a hole in the tool to place a screw driver in to turn it. When I got the surefire light for mine it came with a tool as described.
That's odd, 455sd's post didn't show up until after I replied.
Link Posted: 1/10/2003 8:12:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep
Cut some flat stock till it fits in there like a screwdriver, grab the flat stock with some vice grips and give it a twist !
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top