Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/19/2003 10:24:26 PM EDT
Alright I'm a newbie to the G3 styled rifles and got some questions.

What is the difference between the HK 93 and and HK 33? The only difference between the HK 93 and the G3 is caliber right? Also the Sig 550, is it just Sig's version of the HK 93? Same with the FNC, FN's version? The FN FAL is basically a G3...? Everyone makin the same thing??? How does the CETME figure in to it all? L1A1? Too many rifles!!!!

Oh great, I just looked up the Daewoo K2, the reciever looks like an AR's but everything else looks like the above.

TOO MUCH ! ! ! ! !
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 2:28:18 PM EDT
[#1]
HK93 is a civilianized version of the police and military HK33. The 93 has a shelf trigger pack (not a push-pin like on a 33) and is not full auto. Not to mention no flapper mag release and a bunch of other differences.

The main differences between an HK93 and HK91 (a civilianized G3) are the caliber and size of the rifles. The 93 is slightly scaled down to deal with the smaller cartridge. Many of the parts interchange between them.

The Sig 550, FNC, FN-FAL are all different rifles. The FNC is an updated version of the .308 FAL, in .223. The Sig 550 bears little to no relation to any of the above.

The CETME was the precursor to the G3. It was designed just as WWII was closing (you can see it's lineage in the StG.44, the first real assault rifle, which was fielded by the Germans before the close of WWII)...the Spanish Army needed a rifle, and an ex-German small arms engineer came up with the design that would eventually become the G3, based on all the previous work done at the close of WWII.
Link Posted: 7/20/2003 8:56:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for doing that for me, It helped a bunch. I'm now starting to digest it all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top