Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 5/9/2005 8:20:37 PM EDT
Ok, I have a collector grade greek Springfield comming from the CMP. It will be a safe queen and not a shooter. I am looking for some Korean war era accessories for it.

Some new accessories I would like to get....

An new M5 or M5A1 bayonet with a new M8A1 scabbard
About 10 enbloc clips
A new and correct USGI sling
A USGI cleaning kit for the buttstock
USGI grease
A USGI bandoleer for the enbloc clips of ammo
M2 ball ammo that is not corrosive

The gun will be sighted in, cleaned/greased, and put in the safe for collecting. Where can I find this stuff? Also, is there anything else I would need to round off the complete kit?

thanks
Scott
Link Posted: 5/9/2005 10:54:30 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/9/2005 10:56:27 PM EDT by dpmmn]
Sportsmans Guide has some legit non corrosive TW52 headstamped M2 Ball ammo on links, the ammo cans are like new

www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=195723

Try Orion7 for the rest of the stuff, Tony is great to deal with

www.m1garandrifle.com/Garandparts.htm
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 7:37:39 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/10/2005 7:46:55 PM EDT by Brian_in_Pullman]
Ebay

About 10 enbloc clips
www.m1garandrifle.com/Garandparts.htm, 10 for $9

turnersling.com/miva/merchant.mv?Screen=SFNT&Store_Code=TS

Ebay, or places like outdoormarksman, or Orion 7, etc

USGI grease
Cheaper Than Dirt, a case of the little pots is about $10, just search for grease

Orion7, Fulton armory

CMP, of course

I also just noticed an accessory pack at Orion 7 with a sling, cleaning kit, bandolier and clips, and spare parts for $110.

I got all my clips and bandoliers with corrosive Korean ammo, just clean with hot soapy water or windex to neutralize the corrosive salts and then clean as normal. After 2 cans of that I have enough clips and bandoliers, so I just ordered a case of ammo from the CMP.

ETA, I would reccomend the multitool with the camber brush attached M3A1, it is very handy.
Link Posted: 5/10/2005 11:09:56 PM EDT
[Last Edit: 5/10/2005 11:10:13 PM EDT by dpmmn]
Lou at LRB Arms has En-blocs for $.65 cents each IIRC. I just picked up a 150 of them from him

They are not listed on his website but he does have a 55 gallon drum of them for sale

www.lrbarms.com
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 5:52:55 AM EDT

Originally Posted By dpmmn:
Sportsmans Guide has some legit non corrosive TW52 headstamped M2 Ball ammo on links, the ammo cans are like new ...

Uh...description says otherwise...
A rare find... and I bought every round they had. That means 2 things: you'll only find it here, and when it's gone, it's gone. 1950s production, brass-cased, Boxer-primed and corrosive, with 150-gr. FMJBT bullet and Twin Cities (TW or TWC) headstamp. Approx. Muzzle Velocity: 2,900 F.P.S. Approx. Muzzle Energy: 2,802 ft.-lbs.
Link Posted: 5/11/2005 6:43:12 AM EDT
Well Sportsmans Guide is wrong.. TW went non-corrosive with their M2 Ball in December 1950.. The 1952 stuff they are selling is indeed non-corrosive... TW AP ammo went non-corrosive in 1952 though...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 10:06:30 PM EDT

Originally Posted By scottryan:
Ok, I have a collector grade greek Springfield comming from the CMP. It will be a safe queen and not a shooter. I am looking for some Korean war era accessories for it.

Some new accessories I would like to get....

About 10 enbloc clips
USGI grease

The gun will be sighted in, cleaned/greased, and put in the safe for collecting. Where can I find this stuff? Also, is there anything else I would need to round off the complete kit?

thanks
Scott

Hey Scott,
I have some Enbloc clips I can give you, I also have a USGI bandoleer and I have a Korean War Era Web sling that I might be willing to part with. Let me know if you are interested in them. Thanks Arvin
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:30:34 AM EDT
tag
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:57:52 AM EDT
You can get M2 ball ammo from CMP as well.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 11:26:02 AM EDT
Just about every gunshow I have been to locally has most if not all of the items you are looking for. You might want to go to one and see if your area is the same. This will usually save you the shipping and you can see it before you buy it.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 12:05:38 PM EDT

Originally Posted By rebel_rifle:
Just about every gunshow I have been to locally has most if not all of the items you are looking for. You might want to go to one and see if your area is the same. This will usually save you the shipping and you can see it before you buy it.

Gunshows in TN must be a lot better than gunshows in NE and IL...
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 8:29:37 PM EDT
Cheaper Than Dirt Garand Items

These guys are usually ANYTHING except "cheap", but they do carry a good selection of milsup and new production stuff for Garands.
Top Top