Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/23/2002 1:42:59 PM EDT
I'm going to be buying an M4 upper (Colt) to use in building a pre-ban M4Gery. I have the choice of either a PWA or Oly lower, both like new. I've decided to include one of the rail setups, but have not decided which. Right now, Knight's RAS is leading, and am considering the FF version. Is it worth the extra $$ for the FF version?? Also considering the ARMS setup, but have not seen a price yet. I'll probably go for the Knight's for the sake of keeping it as close to the real SOPMOD as possible. This gun is going to be pricy, especially after buying optics and all the other goodies. Right now, the rail is the first step after buying the upper so I'm doin my homework now.

Also, who has the best deals on new Knight's stuff(or the ARMS IRS for that matter)?

One last question: Do the commercially available Colt M4A3 uppers have the rail numbering?

Open for comments and Thanks in advance!!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 2:49:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You're BEST choice is a Knight's Free Float M4 RAS!  Try MSTN for this item, Not sure I've seen anybody else that has them yet.

I've seen Colt M4 Uppers with and without the Numbering.

Steve
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 3:30:25 PM EDT
[#2]
I have to suggest the new ARMS SIR system. The new SIR will be the next step for the SOPMOD, this handguard is mounted to your receiver like a free float handguard.  the cost is 425 with the pop up rear sight.  The handguard has taken design input from various Spec op operators to form the best possible mounting solution for the M4.  At 425, the price is actually cheaper then the FF RAS.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2002 4:16:52 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have to suggest the new ARMS SIR system. The new SIR will be the next step for the SOPMOD, this handguard is mounted to your receiver like a free float handguard.  the cost is 425 with the pop up rear sight.  The handguard has taken design input from various Spec op operators to form the best possible mounting solution for the M4.  At 425, the price is actually cheaper then the FF RAS.  

That's what I meant when I said "IRS" in my post!! So is the SIR definately "in" for SOPMOD? I read an article about it a few months ago and it does seem like a great setup. Do you know of any dealers on the net?

Thanks!!
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 7:07:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Call ARMS direct, they seem to have a couple in stock.  The next SOPMOD is not out yet, but the SIR looks to be the leading candidate.  

www.armsmounts.com
Link Posted: 1/23/2002 9:57:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Call ARMS direct, they seem to have a couple in stock.  The next SOPMOD is not out yet, but the SIR looks to be the leading candidate.  

www.armsmounts.com

How do you know that the SIR is the "leading" candidate? Because one operator here in particular seems to prefer it above all else?

I have heard that certain motivated types on the West Coast do not like the idea of "stacked levels" of multiple devices on the upper rail, a la the SIR system.

Don't rule out the FF RAS just yet...

havoc

Link Posted: 1/24/2002 2:17:16 AM EDT
[#6]
Well, I guess the prudent thing to do is buy the upper, get the gun up and running, and wait a little while on the rail. Or maybe buy a non FF Knight's for now and if they change to the ARMS I can sell the Knight's and upgrade (same if they go with the FF Knight's). Afterall, the rail is really a small portion of the package and there will be plenty of money to spend on optics, etc., in the interim. Shouldn't be a big problem unloading a non FF Knight's rail on the EE, right?
Link Posted: 1/24/2002 9:37:47 PM EDT
[#7]
GG&G F.I.R.E systems look interesting.  

Check em out at www.gggaz.com
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top