Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/1/2015 11:47:28 AM EDT
Hey all,

I think I am ready to jump (back) in to the HK world.  I was issued an HK USPc40 for a few years and had a love/hate relationship with it.  Loved the pistol, hated the magazine release.  But, that is neither here nor there.  I recently have been drawn to some of the MP5 clones that have come on the market.  I looked at the BW and Cohaire clones years ago, and was not impressed.  The POF and MKE full size pistols seem to fit the bill for what I want.  Ultimately, a bone stock SBR.  No rails, no fore grip, nada.  I want some kind of "old school", 80s, type of gun.  

The question is, which one?  I've not seen one first hand…but I figure you guys have.  Someone care to list the pros and cons of each?  Or, rather, why you chose the one you did over the other.  

It's a lot of money for something that will probably never see a sear pack, nor never see a serious use…just a range, class, semi sub gun match if I am lucky.  But, hey, Mel Gibson used one in Lethal Weapon…isn't that reason enough?

Thanks in advance,

KA.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 12:15:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out Moore Advanced Dynamics.  

The stuff on the website is just a starting point.  Call and speak with Gary, he'll help you out.  They can build it how you want it.  

I've used their stuff over the past two years at the Hornady Pandemic 3-gun match.  They bring some of their stuff out and let people run it on full-auto.  Their guns seem to hold up well to the multi-day onslaught of full auto, and the guys are friendly, knowledgeable, and patient.
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 2:07:17 PM EDT
[#2]
Out of the two you listed, MKE.  Better fit, finish, and quality control.  They are produced in Turkey.  

The POFs are produced by the state armory of Pakistan, a nation that's been providing material support to people killing our troops for years.

If you broaden your search I would look at Atlantic Arms for clones.  I love mine and it's been absolutely flawless.  The DJ Getz guns are great as well but he is retiring and I'm not sure how much support the guns will have.

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Out of the two you listed, MKE.  Better fit, finish, and quality control.  They are produced in Turkey.  

The POFs are produced by the state armory of Pakistan, a nation that's been providing material support to people killing our troops for years.

If you broaden your search I would look at Atlantic Arms for clones.  I love mine and it's been absolutely flawless.  The DJ Getz guns are great as well but he is retiring and I'm not sure how much support the guns will have.

View Quote

What part of va u in freeride
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 6:40:35 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Mel Gibson used one in Lethal Weapon…isn't that reason enough?
View Quote
Absolutely!

I think the "best buy" is the Zenith Z-5RS pistol, for a full-size. Same company for a "K" as well. As you probably know, the SBR process is fairly straightforward... (IF you want it re-marked to "MP5", which is TIG+new engraving, then have that done first). Send off your Form 1+$200, get it back approved, get a real HK A3 stock, a used Surefire 628, lots of mags, maybe a Beta, sling. Done. You'll have a better gun than Riggs (less the sear, of course).

Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:40:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Watched Lethal Weapon again last night.  I had to pause it several times, but I noticed and confirmed that Riggs WASN'T using an MP5.  It was a HK94 with a chopped barrel.  No 3 Lug, no paddle mag release.  Oh well….

Keep the replies coming fellas.  I'm learning a lot.

thanks,

ka
Link Posted: 7/1/2015 9:50:00 PM EDT
[#6]
It was the same in Die Hard as well (and many 80's/90's films). Poor McClane didn't even realize he had a SUBmachinegun.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 4:34:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I want to find some of those 900 round MP5 mags that John McClain had…
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:28:07 AM EDT
[#8]
We will build you one in the configuration that you want.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:06:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Fairfax

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:51:39 AM EDT
[#10]
Same here
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:48:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Pm sent
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:11:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Replied thanks man!!
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 12:29:39 PM EDT
[#13]
My first response will always be Jeff Walters @ Parabellum Combat Systems. But he is more of a "built with parts you supply" guy. Although sometimes he has extra guns that he sells off.

That said, if you are looking for an off-the-shelf option I would suggest Atlantic Firearms AA89

Reviews on them have been positive. I personally have done business with Atlantic 2-3 times and top-notch service all the way through. Furthermore, they're a site supporter here and over at HKPro.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top