Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/28/2006 10:47:22 PM EDT
So far my only requirement is the use of an Eagle Plate Carrier with Cummerbund.

I will be using the Large size, probably Khaki, that I will not have plates for immediately.

I would like to simply have you guys pick out a setup will allow me to make the most efficient use of the space provided.  Since I have not seen the item, nor used molle attachment in the past, I am not exactly sure what kind of real estate I am working with.  I am also right handed.

I also know that there are various kinds of magazine pouches, so don't be afraid to mix and match different kinds for different purposes.  I would also like to keep the bulk to a minimum.  

As of now, I only have a few guide lines for my gear.  I would like to have a minimum of 6 AR magazines, with a maximum of 10.  I would like to have 2-3 of those readily accessable for fast reloads (I've seen some pouches with elastic retainers that just need to be slipped to the side that might work nicely...no idea who makes them though).  The rest can be stored using more traditional magazine carriers, whichever you happen to like the most.

I would also like to be able to carry 3-4 handgun magazines on the vest itself as well, probably up in the chest area.

I also have a camelback storm I'd like to incorporate to the system.  Two way radio (simple motorola 250), and wouldnt mind a few other misc. pouches for other assorted gear.

Should I feel the need to carry more magazines, I will be purchasing an HSGI thigh rig for AR magazines, and I am also purchasing the HSGI safariland suspension system that comes with a few spare pistol mag pouches.

So, given the criteria above, and also coming from your own personal experience (should I add more, take some away?) What products would you choose to add to this vest to get the job done?

Thanks,
Scott

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 4:49:24 AM EDT
[#1]
I think a good start would be an Eagle Triple mag pouch on the front flap that secures the cumberbund.  This will hold 6 AR mags and is very easily accessed.  DBT makes some good options in this config that have roll-up flaps that velcro up and out of the way leaving mags clear.  I don't like this option as much because the rolled-up flap seems to get in the way.  Paraclete makes a good (expensive) mag pouch that will hold AR mags and pistol mags.  I would suggest to stay away from putting pistol mags on the chest because it adds bulk that interferes with removing rifle mags quickly.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:25:04 AM EDT
[#2]
Six mags....I would use either a shingle or six tactical tailor singles across the cumberbund flap. To the left, three pistol mag pouches, on the upper section one other pistol mag pouch with a small light. To the bottom right a med pouch and next to it a small GP pouch for doodads. The  camalback on the back.

This is pretty close as to my Eagle PC is being set up...still working on it though so no pics.
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 5:59:41 PM EDT
[#3]
how about softarmor underneath?

how do you normally play?

What will you be doing?

what are you preparing for?

how will a plate carrier work in your case vice other options?

have you considered any RANGE of  Motion / interference issues with magazine access blocked by mag pouches above?  

Considerations to be made on your part for us to better ascettain what you want
Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:37:01 PM EDT
[#4]
While its not complete, how about a couple of Eggrolls "no-name" shingles, that is of course this picture works

Link Posted: 3/1/2006 6:55:20 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
how about softarmor underneath?  No soft armor at this point.  Only the plates.

how do you normally play? Hard?  Not sure what this question is asking

What will you be doing? See right below

what are you preparing for? SHTF, carbine classes, range use

how will a plate carrier work in your case vice other options? Molle system's seem the most verstile, I can set them up pretty much any way I want.  Figure while I'm at it, I might as well get a molle platform that can carry some plates.  I have an Eagle tactical vest that I have been using, and I'm not a huge fan of the placement of everything on it.  Unfortunately, all I know is that I don't like it...I still don't know what I like.  So, I'm hoping you guys can help me out with what has worked and has not worked for you in the past.

have you considered any RANGE of  Motion / interference issues with magazine access blocked by mag pouches above?   Not really, which is why I am asking for all your advice :-)  Based on looking at it, it seemed as if theres is enough room to do what I wanted since the cummerbund sticks out a bit, but I very well may be wrong.

Considerations to be made on your part for us to better ascettain what you want

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top