Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/8/2005 6:05:42 PM EDT
I have been working on lacing up a Blackhawk cheek rest I picked up used on the EE.  It came without instructions.  I am having trouble getting it tight enough to resist slipping towards the receiver and side to side.  The best method I have found so far is to thread the lace through the rear end eyelets first and allow this lace to rest on the buttplate side of the rear sling swivel.  This seems to help in keeping the cheek rest from sliding to the front but doesn't address the side to side slipping.  Am I missing a trick?  Any help would be appreciated.
Link Posted: 1/8/2005 6:38:19 PM EDT
[#1]
There is a pic on their web site that might help http://www.blackhawkindustries.com/product_detail.asp?product_id=2446&d=
Link Posted: 1/9/2005 9:19:06 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the link.  That setup looks pretty secure, but I wouldn't be able to access the butt trap with that method.  I really cranked down the laces hard and secured it pretty well last night.  The front slipping seems to be taken care of with the lace behind the sling swivel and I am hoping the side to side fit will remain tight.  I am going to the range later today so we will see how it goes.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top