Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login

Site Notices
Posted: 6/16/2009 2:46:22 PM EST
[Last Edit: 6/16/2009 5:20:07 PM EST by tella100]
Posted this in several boards tonight, so I apologize if you've already seen this but I am anxious to get some quick feedback.

Well I was getting some stuff together for the OFASTS MG shoot this weekend and wanted to make sure my HK set ups were all running and well they are not.

I have had a Ciener HK sear for about 2 years. (The Ciener "sear" is a one piece trip arm and sear)

The first year or so she ran great in every host 9mm and .308. About 6 months ago I started having issues, I first noticed it was getting to be a real PIA to get the housing pack back into the the receiver and when I did the sear itself it stopped the bolt from coming back and took some more figuring to to get it all back to get together, then the problems with the functioning started.

On either semi or full it will now fire 3,4 shots and stop. A live round will be in the chamber but when you pull the trigger nothing happens, the hammer will not drop (at least that is what I am thinking, I have not pulled the lower out with the live round in the chamber).

After discussing this with some folks at subguns, I think I have determined that there is at least 1/4" of play in the trip arm/sear, i.e. it can move up and down at least 1/4". Is that normal?

In my very uninformed opinion this seems to a likely culprit, am I right? If it is excessive play in the sear/trip arm any ideas on how to tighten that up?
Top Top