Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/1/2007 11:44:52 AM EDT
I am trying to do a mod to my chest rig; I have one of the SKD/Eagle rigs.

As has been posted on here before, the two center pouches have no retention straps.

This isn't a big deal if you carry two mags in each pouch, as the friction retains them, but if you try to run a single mag it is very loose.

I want to either fabricate or take from another mag pouch one of the elastic shock cord straps to have swen to pouches on my rig.

Unfortunately I haven't owned one of these types of pouches before, and I have no idea how the shock cord is attached/sewn onto the rear of the pouch.

Can someody tell me how the straps on the pouch below are attached in the rear of the pouch, or even better show me a pic?

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 12:21:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Mine are wrapped/looped in the front around the stitching between the PALS loops like in your pics, ran through the pulls then looped around the sewing between the PALS webbing on the back and tied to one side
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Mine are wrapped/looped in the front around the stitching between the PALS loops like in your pics, ran through the pulls then looped around the sewing between the PALS webbing on the back and tied to one side

I think I understand.  I'm just not quite certain I am conceptualizing it properly.

What kind of knot is it?  Is the cord allowed to slide freely?  Could the knot move towards the front of the pouch?

Perhaps I should just order one of the CTD double pouches and strip it for the materials.

Link Posted: 1/1/2007 2:11:56 PM EDT
[#3]
Heres a pic of the back of one of my pouches-

Back

I was having problem uploading it from my PC or I would have posted 'em sooner

ETA Sorry its blurry but it should give you the idea
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 2:26:52 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Heres a pic of the back of one of my pouches-

Back
i73.photobucket.com/albums/i205/NonC/100_0103.jpg

I was having problem uploading it from my PC or I would have posted 'em sooner

ETA Sorry its blurry but it should give you the idea

Perfect, thanks for the photo; that is exactly what I needed.

Making one of these should be too easy.  
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 4:10:08 PM EDT
[#5]
Yes, easy to do. Mine are tied also. Where are you getting the cord?
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 4:25:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Here's another option: LINK
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 6:31:04 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yes, easy to do. Mine are tied also. Where are you getting the cord?

+1 also want to know
Link Posted: 1/1/2007 7:32:44 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#9]
I ordered shock cord and nylon webbing from these guys:

DIY Tactical
Link Posted: 1/2/2007 1:05:53 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Here's another option: LINK

I saw this mod.  Very nice mod, I just like the shock cord idea.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top