Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/17/2009 10:34:02 AM EDT
i am considering trading for a browning A-Bolt, and i cant' find ANY models with this particular stock. Please tell me anything you know about it. Owner says it was purchased new in 1999

Value estimate would be appreciated.

I'm trading a rifle that i value at about 700 for it... it will include leupold mounts and rings and a 5 year old simmons 6.5-20x42 scope as pictured. Worth it?

would you say that's a good trade?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 12:22:08 PM EDT
[#1]
What caliber is the A-bolt btw?
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 1:33:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2009 5:51:23 PM EDT
[#3]
I think you are paying too much.  You can find a Browning A-bolt less, and a Simmons scope is not that fancy.  I was at a Gander Mountain in my area and there was a stainless A-Bolt in 300WSM with a 4.5 to 15 Leupold Vari-X III scope and Leupold rings for $759.....at Gander Mountain of all places.  The scope alone is worth $500.

As for the stock, Browning did make a model called the Eclipse for sometime but most had a thumbhole stock.

My guess is your friend's rifle was a SHOT SHOW special in 1999, Browning does special runs for the SHOT SHOW or certain vendors all the time.   When I was working at the gun shop two years ago the SHOT SHOW special was a A-Bolt with an octagon barrel.

Offer him $500.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top