Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/3/2012 1:50:02 PM EDT
I have a mich helmet and am getting ready to get a pvs14.  I do not have a helmet mount and want to get one that is compatible with an ops core base jump helmet so that I can easily swap the pvs14 between 2 helmets.  What do I need to get to make this happen?

Thanks,
Mark
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 5:29:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Most of the helmet mounts all fit into the standard mount used on a MICH or the basejump molded mount. The ones that don't are the older style Wilcox and the Norotos "Shroud"

For the MICH helmet mount, go with a USGI MICH Plate, Norotos Universal Shroud, or Wilcox L4 One- Hole Shroud (if it's 1-hole) or Norotos Universal Shroud or Ops Core VAS Shroud (if it's a 3-hole).

As for swing arms, if you want cheap get a USGI Rhino Arm off the EE. Otherwise, a Norotos AKA2 or INVG, or a Wilcox L4 G24.

If you go with the USGI, get a USGI J-Arm.

If the AKA2, it come with adapters for the USGI J-Arm, as well as the Norotos Dual Dovetail Adapter. (I highly recommend going with the Dual dovetail adapter)

If the INVG, you'll need the Norotos Dual Dovetail Adapter

If you go with the Wilcox L4 G24, you'll need one of the 2 Wilcox Arms Wilcox Arm w/ Auto shutoff or Wilcox PVS-14 Arm

It really comes to how much you want to spend. If you don't have a ton of cash the USGI stuff is alright, and you should be able to pick up all 3 pieces (MICH/ACH plate, Rhino Arm, and J-Arm) for ~$100. However, I have a Norotos Universal Shroud/AKA2/Dovetail Adapter setup and it's light years ahead of the USGI stuff.
Link Posted: 7/3/2012 6:21:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks for the thorough information, I really appreciate it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top