Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 12/12/2001 3:06:18 PM EDT
Is this normal, or do I need more oil in there? I can basically just here it working, (compressing and bouncing back when I fire), but it doesnt seem to affect the wepon's performance at all.

Thank's

And I just wanted to say thank you from the bottom of my heart to all of those that have been so very very cool to me here at AR15, and have really edjucated me alot on this subject that I am so very interested in. I've only had my Bushmaster (AR) really for about 4 month's so I am very new to the weapon.

Thank's again,
        Jander

Shoot on!

Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:12:52 PM EDT
[#1]
I just posted the same article about 3 weeks ago after I shot my AR for the first time.
It is normal, some will say grease the hell out of it with prodect X, some will just say, get used to it, or some will even say, "take your earplugs off".

If you ask me, I like it cause it lets me know if I'm out of ammo. When the bolt gets held open, it makes a "bong" noise.

Lat
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 3:18:37 PM EDT
[#2]
"Cool" thank's dude, I thought that was the case. Hey, I guess it also let's you know the thing is doing it's job. What would the world be like without metalurgy? "hope I spelled that right"

shoot on!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:50:27 PM EDT
[#3]
<shaking my head in disgust>
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:52:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 5:59:05 PM EDT
[#5]
You know Jander, if you had an AK-47 you wouldn't have that problem. I mean, how good of a rifle can it be if you hear that spring all the time? How could you possibly hear someone coming up behind you while fireing your weapon?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:37:04 PM EDT
[#6]
I think you guys are hearing dead people.
That's a normal operation of the action. That's the sound of more ammo and fun heading downrange.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:38:03 PM EDT
[#7]
I happen to find that "Boing" very re-assuring and pleasureable. You'll get used to it and maybe even look forward to hearing it
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 6:42:27 PM EDT
[#8]
I have never understood why anyone has been bothered by the AR's characteristic little sproing.  And I am one picky little bastard...
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:08:16 PM EDT
[#9]
my Ar done the same thing when i first started shooting it,after i cleaned and lubed it it seemed to stop. Personally i wouldnt worry about it. Hell i dont see any reason to put grease on it but to everyone there one, but ive never heard a colapable stock make that sound though.
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:16:57 PM EDT
[#10]
I love that sound. Every time I hear it I'm reminded of the first time I fired an M-16A1 on Parris Island back in 82. Echo range, target 9. I put it in the same category as that beautiful "Ping" sound that is made as an M-1 ejects the clip after firing the eighth round. Music!
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 8:53:21 PM EDT
[#11]
seamusmcoi, I like the light weight, and accuracy that's why. Then again I guess I'm not a communist bastard.

Oh and DvlDog, don't be so down and disgusted
with yourself. "Maybe if you changed that nickname it would help" lmao
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 9:03:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Every time I pull the trigger and a round goes off, I hear a loud pop, and an empty shell is ejected, is that normal?
Link Posted: 12/12/2001 11:30:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Herr Teufel Hund,

Do you want to tell him or should I?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:08:16 AM EDT
[#14]
Dave_G,

by all means, you tell him. your flames have an eloquence and aire of knowledgable authority i could only hope to emulate. fire for effect.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:17:49 AM EDT
[#15]
DvlDog, Duffy, Dave_G you guy's got to be the worst lil' bunch of bitch boy's I have ever run across. What a bunch of smart ass's. I'll bet your female Characteristic's are just the same when confronted by a real man, hell, I'll bet you don't even have the gut's to say it to a man's face. All I got to say is be glad you got your computer's you fucking geek's. LMAO!  

Little Bitches LMAO!

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:47:02 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
DvlDog, Duffy, Dave_G you guy's got to be the worst lil' bunch of bitch boy's I have ever run across. What a bunch of smart ass's. I'll bet your female Characteristic's are just the same when confronted by a real man, hell, I'll bet you don't even have the gut's to say it to a man's face. All I got to say is be glad you got your computer's you fucking geek's. LMAO!  

Little Bitches LMAO!

Nope.  You still haven't acquired the appropriate flame skills to be taken seriously.  

A tip for future reference:  Make sure that your flames are coherent so that we know you are trying to hurt somebody's feelings.  I didn't realize that you were flaming anybody until I got to the "bitch" part.  And the female stuff?  Sad.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:56:14 AM EDT
[#17]
yea? fuck off!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:57:21 AM EDT
[#18]
You might also want to take note that people wouldn't think you are such a jackass if you didn't have 275 stupid posts to your credit in less than a month.  The flames would stop if you quit posting pointless and entirely idiotic questions over and over again.  If you want an answer to a question that has probably already been asked a million times by newbies do a freakin' search.  Additionally, don't ask every single fuckin' newbie question in existence.  Hi-jacking posts about entirely different subjects to post you idiotic rantings about how great a certain weapon (that wasn't even being discussed) is over another is really rude.

Lastly, you might want to stop displaying your ignorance like you are an expert.  Much of the "information" (term being used loosely) you have posted is either horribly old shit that almost all of the AR-15 community knows already or it's bullshit and myth that has been disproven.

Those who can't shut the fuck up and listen learn nothing, so speaketh Confucious.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 8:57:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Oh and DvlDog, don't be so down and disgusted
with yourself. "Maybe if you changed that nickname it would help" lmao

Jander100 FYI, the term "Devil Dog" is a nickname given to the U.S. Marines by the Germans who fought against them in WWI. It's still commonly used today within the USMC. My guess is that DvlDog is/was a Marine. I would also venture to say he probably doesn't suffer from low self esteem. HTH.

Semper Fidelis.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:05:54 AM EDT
[#20]
I've read about 5 post that Jander has posted here in the last hour or so and my guess is he isn't going to be welcome here very long...

Jander,

If I were you, I would tone down on the  comments full of cursing, name-calling, and anything else you can think of...it isn't a way to get welcomed around here, if you catch my drift.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 10:58:51 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
yea? fuck off!

HAVE I'm a newbie here too. Take some advice. Do a search. Then ask if you don't find the answer. Then just shut up and listen. It's ok to be a , but it's not ok to act like one.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:12:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Jander-
We have a pneumatic buffer that will fix that problem.  No more "SPROINGGGG"
Curt
Olympic Arms
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 11:20:57 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I love that sound. Every time I hear it I'm reminded of the first time I fired an M-16A1 on Parris Island back in 82. Echo range, target 9. I put it in the same category as that beautiful "Ping" sound that is made as an M-1 ejects the clip after firing the eighth round. Music!

AMEN Brutha!!
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:16:07 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry you took it as a flame, it wasn't directed at you personally.  The buffer tube is hollow, when the spring is compressed and then let fly it's bound to make some noise as surely as the round will (normally) go off when you pull the trigger.  Not a design flaw, just the way it works.
BTW, I've read enough posts authored by Dave_G to have respect for his knowledge, I'd never call him a bitch
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:17:34 PM EDT
[#25]
Will this thread be the stake in Janders heart???
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 2:23:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Man... you guys are straight COLD. This isn't some exclusive country club... so stop acting like you are all a bunch of highbrow snobs. If a thread bothers you then dont post in it. It will drop off and something more interesting will be sure to come around. This community is a brother/sisterhood and all members should be made to feel welcome. I agree that topics should be searched but then again some people are less computer literate and do not understand boolean keyword searching via a SQL query against a database through an active server page application connected to an IP network.

Patience is a virtue.

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#27]
Thank's BenDover, Yea, where's the golf course?

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:41:56 PM EDT
[#28]
I'm with BenDover. Jander is asking the same stuff I did when I bought my first AR. Jander, maybe you should ease up on the profanity a little. But then again, some of you guys should lay off the insults. I LOVE the sound of the spring! It validates my manhood because my penis is so tiny.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 3:49:09 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Man... you guys are straight COLD. This isn't some exclusive country club... so stop acting like you are all a bunch of highbrow snobs. If a thread bothers you then dont post in it. It will drop off and something more interesting will be sure to come around. This community is a brother/sisterhood and all members should be made to feel welcome. I agree that topics should be searched but then again some people are less computer literate and do not understand boolean keyword searching via a SQL query against a database through an active server page application connected to an IP network.

Patience is a virtue.

After a month of stupid posts and hi-jacked threads my patience, along with the patience of many on the board, is about up.  I'm not cold, I'm sick of bullshit.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:02:22 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:

Patience is a virtue.

I think that everyones been TOO patient if you ask me. This little prick comes here and acts like he knows it all, and insults fellow members when they try to give him an honest answer. I don't know why people even respond to his posts, except to give him shit. He's been given a chance, and blown it.

What the fuck is your deal Jander, your mom not pay enough attention to you when you were a kid?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:03:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Sorry for the profanity, it's just that, man that stuff hurt's my feeling's, and when my pride get's tested I don't play.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:05:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Not really, but obviously you've been watching "Full Metal Jacket" a little too much. ;)
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Sorry for the profanity, it's just that, man that stuff hurt's my feeling's, and when my pride get's tested I don't play.

Your pride wouldn't get tested if you didn't consistantly post stupid comments.  You flame people who are trying to educate you, very uncool.

The great thing about the internet is that you have ample oppurtunity to think before you post something and then you can take back or edit what you have said.  I suggest that you make better use of this advantage from now on.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:26:36 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Not really, but obviously you've been watching "Full Metal Jacket" a little too much. ;)

No, and I was serious. You've got some major mental shortcomings. Why else would a grown man act like a three year old crying for his bottle.

You've got alot of growing up to do. And I bet you'll learn that the hard way.

And don't try anymore of your badass attitude. It doesn't  impress me, and I doubt anybody else here either. All you're doing is getting laughed at.
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:41:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Man you don't even know me, lol. All I did was ask a question, and you guy's come in my post and don't help you just make wise ass remark's about how dumb I am, like a "country club snob" as BenDover said, and this question isn't the 1st you guy's have thrown your crap at. "My Suggestion to YOU is....", as Redmanfms would say,
Stay out of my post's from now on.

Where's the golf course?

Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:43:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Each and every one of you who has 'lost patience' with Jander should also consider that somewhere, someone more intelligent is also struggling with the fact that YOU are trying THEIR patience.

Now, should WE cuss YOU out and show YOU less dignity?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:46:10 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh and seamusmcoi, I still think you watch to much "Full Metal Jacket" :).

You know being obcessed with any one thing isn't good for you. You should probably seek proffesional help for "FMJ Syndrome".

Who's metally unstable?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 4:47:01 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:
Each and every one of you who has 'lost patience' with Jander should also consider that somewhere, someone more intelligent is also struggling with the fact that YOU are trying THEIR patience.

Now, should WE cuss YOU out and show YOU less dignity?

You can piss off some of the people all of the time.  And you can piss off all of the people some of the time.

But if you piss off all of the people all of the time then your an ass.    Understand?

sgtar15
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:12:10 PM EDT
[#39]
After being personally called an  "F'ng Redneck muzzleloader", I can only say, "You reap what you sow."
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:26:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Anybody need a beer right about now?
Link Posted: 12/13/2001 5:27:04 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I LOVE the sound of the spring! It validates my manhood because my penis is so tiny.

PSSSSST your not suposed to admit it.......

You know what, my AR 10 doesn't make that noise. The noise is different, more solid.

My grandma told me one day, "your never going to impress people with little 4 letter words." Then she shoved a bar of soap in my mouth.

I like the sound of the 15's action... It speeks to me. Tells me when it's time to feed it some more.

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#42]
Jander...for someone with almost 300 posts you ask/say some of the dumbest shit. i mean embarrassingly stupid. asking about hearing the bufferspring, how friggin dumb is that. Yes i am a Marine. now, always and forever. and i have no problem telling someone they are a dumbass to their face....dumbass. you are precisely the reason why anti's want to take our guns away. you clearly shouldnt have one and i condemn your father for buying you one. moron
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:34:55 AM EDT
[#43]
LOL and I posted the same point when I first got here. Acutally I think that it was my first post...

They should put a sticker on the damned stock to say...

" that BOING sound you hear is normal"
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 6:48:38 AM EDT
[#44]
Vinnie, I'm not trying to offend but I'm laughing so hard I'm crying at that "f*ckin' redneck muzzle loader"

I don't know why but it's killin' me

Sorry
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:03:15 AM EDT
[#45]
Jander, it is YOU who are the whiney little troll. My guess is you are one of our recently booted members coming back to stir the pot, or a current member who just wants an alter ego.
Anyway you cut it, you're an ass.
SPECTRE

PS, after looking at the post topics you create, I would suggest you do more READING and LESS POSTING !!!!
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 7:33:04 AM EDT
[#46]
ok, so we're having a little fun with flames.

I, too, was surprised when i heard my first
"sproing". when i looked at my friend who had some experience with spring-loaded rifles, he responded to my goofy confused look with a wide grin. then i went back to shooting, and by the end of the mag i, too, had the grin.

i don't even notice it anymore.
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:30:26 AM EDT
[#47]
DvlDog why aren't you in Afganastan? Oh I know why, your one of those marine's that shine's a seat with his ass.

"you are precisely the reason why anti's want to take our guns away."

Why? for asking a question? LMAO! Know I know why they call you guy's jar head's.

"you clearly shouldnt have one and i condemn your father for buying you one. moron"

lmao!, my father? I bought my gun you dumbass lol, why did your daddy buy your's? The FFL dealer thought I should have one.

It is really hard for me to believe that our prestigous USMC would have someone like you in the mix, god help us if I'm wrong.

"You can't fire me, because I quit"

[-!-!-]

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:45:25 AM EDT
[#48]
Jander, he he, if you survive these flame wars, it will surely be a testament to your devotion to my favorite family of rifles. >>chuckling<<

with that said, i noticed the "sproing" sound when i fired round 1, of rifle 1. i greased the living shit out of the spring, and that was that ~ i always say it sounds like a BMW door slamming shut now: "kachunk!".

my brother was so surprised when he heard it the first time, that he almost dropped the damn thing! >>still chuckling<<

good luck!

Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:51:13 AM EDT
[#49]
lol thanks dude, ain't it some bullshit? lol
Link Posted: 12/14/2001 8:54:58 AM EDT
[#50]
I know I have asked alot of question's in the short time I've been here, but there is no fucking way I have asked 284 question's.? Somethin's up with that?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top