Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/5/2003 9:25:02 AM EDT
I was wondering if anyone else out there faces the same problem I have with the muff-style hearing protection.  I prefer this type since they feel more comfortable and are easier to remove and put back on without losing them.  

The only problem is with my shooting glasses.  The earpieces obviously have to sit between the muff and the side of my head, but this causes just enough of a space so that the muff won't seal completely and I get some noise into the muff.  I'm using Oakley shooting glasses, but I don't think this has anything to do with it because I've tried several brands and they all do the same thing.  I've also tried several brands of muffs and the problem persists.

Now I know the easy answer is to use muffs and plugs, but this kinda negates the convenience of using muffs.  Have any of you other guys had this problem and what have you done?  Or am I just stuck reverting back to plugs if I want to keep both my hearing and vision?

Thanks in advance for the help.

Edited to add that I just noticed this was my 100th post.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 9:27:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Yep, it's either muffs & no glasses or plugs & muffs together.

I switched to contacts for reasons like this. I CURSE those with 20/20 vision!
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 3:56:15 PM EDT
[#2]
If you know of someone that does them, get the custom molded ear-plugs. They're so comfortable, you almost won't know they're in.
Link Posted: 8/5/2003 10:17:45 PM EDT
[#3]
If somebody made a decent glasses/muffs combo they would be a millionaire.
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 7:18:32 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yep, it's either muffs & no glasses or plugs & muffs together.

I switched to contacts for reasons like this. I CURSE those with 20/20 vision!

You don't wear eye protection?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top