Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/9/2002 10:54:14 PM EDT
I went to the range last week for the first time in a while (with new bushmaster in tow).
Borrowed a buddy's ear muffs for the deed. Kept banging them up against the stock while getting my sight picture. I have seen slim muffs on the in the past.

Can Anyone recommend a resonably priced, good brand of ear muffs?!?!? And place to get them, online?

I can't stand to have styrofoam lodged in my ears, And am paying the price for years of Ignorance during my youth.

Link Posted: 6/10/2002 12:10:58 AM EDT
[#1]
Check into the Swedish Peltor line. I have the slim line model with the electronic noise suppression ear muffs where it shuts down when it encounters a loud impulse noise, but lets in ordinary speech etc. I believe Peltor also makes it without the electronics, and I think it cost something like $25.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 2:02:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Check out labsafety.com they have LOTS of hearing protection devices and decent prices.

If you ask for the catalog, beware, it'll give your mailman a hernia.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 4:56:24 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm a big fan of the electronic hearing protection; it's one of those things that you don't know you can't live without until you try it.  I would suggest the Peltor Tac-6, or the Dillon HP.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:07:06 AM EDT
[#4]
hearing is very important to me also, just last week i had a doctor remove impacted ear wax from my left ear, supposedly from insertion of foam earplugs, she told me to NEVER use those foam plugs ever again !!!!!!

sooooooo !! does any one have live URLs ?????
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 5:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
Check out http://www.proears.com/ . I have the DLC 'chop side' model. It works well for me with long guns. I've had them for about 3 years, no problems.
Link Posted: 6/10/2002 6:45:30 AM EDT
[#6]
"David Clark"..Set em up with the gel seals, and high attenuation foam.. A .50 sounds like someone tapping on a board far away..

They ARE expensive, and will affect your cheekweld however.. The big "mickey mouse" ears were'nt exactily meant for shooting..

Meplat-
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top