Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2005 8:58:58 PM EDT
Did H&K ever make an underfolder?  He said it was 70's ish manufacture in pistol calibre???????????  

This is a new one to me if it is true.  Cant find shit on it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:16:15 AM EDT
[#1]
I wonder if the person is confusing the collapsible stocks with underfolders.  After all, the collapsibles are vaguely reminiscent of the AK underfolders.

I really don't see why HK would bother with an underfolder.  It's more cumbersome to deploy than a side-folder or collapsible, and it would have to have a skeletal buttplate, versus the solid ones on the other two types of stocks.  I really can't see any gains from such a thing, since the stock would have to be wider than the receiver, and an extension would be needed for the stock pivot, so it would end up being bulkier than the collapsible, as well as being harder to use.

Maybe it's possible that somehow nobody noticed such a stock on what is one of the world's most popular SMG's.  But more likely the source of that information is simply mistaken.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:12:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe he meant the VP70M which was a 3 round burst.  The stock may have been foldable, but most pics are with a fixed stock.

check out www.hkpro.com and go to World of HK, then click on the VP70

http://www.hkpro.com/video/VP70Z-VP70M.mov  

Click that for the movie.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:31:31 AM EDT
[#3]
The VP70M stock was not foldable, and only on the installation of the stock, did the pistol become capable of bursts. Without the stock installed, the arm was only capable of semi-auto fire.
I personally have no indications that HK had an "under folder".
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 9:14:39 AM EDT
[#4]
There was a CETME over-folder.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 11:36:21 AM EDT
[#5]
He was pretty clear AK/MP40 style underfolder with bananna style mag.  He was fighting in Yugoslavia if it helps, and was adament it was a Heckler.  Cetme Overfolder?
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 3:19:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Bump for info.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 6:45:36 AM EDT
[#7]
Anything is possible.
When training the Thai Special Forces Recon (Rangers), they carried M16,s (I mean M16,s) that had ALL kinds of local modifications. Fishgill muzzle brakes, the works.
They also carried liscensed G33,s with all kinds of local made stuff, like scope rails done to LO-TEK 1913 specs!
I ended up getting some fishgill units, and few 40 round G33 Thai made aluminum mags. They would not DREAM of using anything smaller. Our Beta-C mags almost started a riot.
Those guys would parachute out of hot air balloons to save fuel costs.
We were about to get on one of their Vietnam era Hueys for a lift, when some guy from the U.S. Embassy said NO American will fly in a Thai military aircraft, period!
I was pissed, but then I was young. Now that I am older......
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top