Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
9/22/2017 12:11:25 AM
Posted: 3/22/2006 6:44:48 PM EDT
I just purchased a bare SW5 receiver and I'm waiting on my Black Market Parts kit to arrive. Jayson at I.G.F. is going to build it and if I remember correctly, he told me that if I wanted, he could build it as a pistol and then if I submitted a form 1 and it was approved, it would be a simple matter of just adding the stock. I'm aware that I would be in violation of the NFA if I was to install the stock unless I'm in possession of a Tax Stamp for the firearm registered as an SBR. I was wondering what everyone's take on this was. I guess it just depends on whether I want to jump thru the hoop for the tax stamp or not. If not, I'm sure it would be better to have Jayson install the fake suppressor so that I could have the stock on it. I'm about 99% sure that I'd have no problem getting the stamp, and if I was denied for some reason, I could just have Jayson install the fake suppressor and add the stock then. Anyone want to comment? Thanks guys-ARKAR
Link Posted: 3/22/2006 6:58:19 PM EDT
I'd go with a fake supressor. They are simple enough to remove, and you'd have a much more enjoyable gun to shoot while you decide on the SBR stuff.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:10:32 AM EDT
I agree with dskeet, get the fake can then remove it when you SBR the gun.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 1:36:55 AM EDT
I'd go the other route, assuming you can get a approval. File the form 1 when you send in the parts to IGF, and by the time your pistol is completed, you should have gotten your tax stamp. By not having IGF install the fake can, you reduce costs of having the can installed, and in having it removed.
Link Posted: 3/23/2006 3:17:13 AM EDT
I'd go the Pistol Route too!!

YOu would save the Fake Suppressor Fee.

Y
Top Top