Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2006 7:43:13 AM EDT
So last week I got my 9130  and love it and this week I see aim is selling enfields for $109 so I had to beg my wife to let me order another gun in less then two weeks on top of 3 last month. So the deal that was struck no more guns till august 1st if I order the 303 well Ive alwas wanted one so I think its a good deal, but the queston  is have any of you guys ever had to consent to these things or just me? by the way my wife is great i relly do spend alot of money on guns guitars and hunting and she hardly ever complains so I figure ive done pretty well.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:13:46 AM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So last week I got my 9130  and love it and this week I see aim is selling enfields for $109 so I had to beg my wife to let me order another gun in less then two weeks on top of 3 last month. So the deal that was struck no more guns till august 1st if I order the 303 well Ive alwas wanted one so I think its a good deal, but the queston  is have any of you guys ever had to consent to these things or just me? by the way my wife is great i relly do spend alot of money on guns guitars and hunting and she hardly ever complains so I figure ive done pretty well.

In my house it's quid pro quo.  I buy a $800. rifle, she gets $800. worth of jewelry or whatever she wants to spend that money on.  All of my guns cost me double what everyone else pays.  Of course the same can be said about her jewelry.  
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:29:17 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 8:34:43 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I always go to a gun show with at least one empty gun case.  If it comes home with a rifle in it, who's to know?

Oooh.  I like that idea.    MJD
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:11:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Just tell your wife that a C&R habit is way cheaper than strippers!

My wife has thus far been tolerant of my firearm collection, but I think she's going to start getting upset when I explain that we need a third safe...
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:41:54 PM EDT
[#5]
"Just tell your wife that a C&R habit is way cheaper than strippers!"

Yeah, strippers + married men equals hospital bills when caught.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:48:38 PM EDT
[#6]
You've lost your mind. To agree to a six month moratorium on gun purchases just so you can buy a $110 Enfield is NUTS! Where are your priorities, man? What happens if you run across something REALLY nice next month? I can see it now. You stop into a pawn shop and there's sweet 1903a3 for $150. What do you say? I'd like to buy that but my wife will get mad? I don't think so. Don't make promises you can't keep. The Enfield ain't worth tying your hands over.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 3:54:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Get the Enfield now while you still can.  Then be REALLY appreciative.  If your wife is at all tolerant, then you can count yourself as lucky.  Hey, 3-4 guns per year ain't bad.  Don't worry about what you may "pass up" in the future, these surplus guns will be around for a while - make sure that your wife will, too.
Link Posted: 3/7/2006 4:22:18 PM EDT
[#8]
my fiancee isn't as gun appreciateive as I am. I promised her I would never purchase a handgun if I already had a handgun with the same caliber in my collection. Hell, that alone leaves me my 3 carry pieces and a whole load of gun varities. Besides, you can ALWAYS barter new deals later, but you can't go back in time and get something you missed. I am sure if you buttered her up, bought her a nice dress and matching shoes, took her out to her favorite restuarant, took her to a movie she wants to see or something like that; you know recreate the dating days for her, I am sure she would melt and let you slide just once and get another one before your 6 months are up.

just play your cards the best you can
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:11:54 AM EDT
[#9]
well Im sure that if the deal is to good then shell probably be okay with it and my plan I think is to save a bunch of money and go on a C@R shopping spree august 1 hey I may even take the day of also this will give me time to get some new reloading dies and start loading the k31's and 7 mm mausers that are feeling lonely in the gun safe and get ready for hunting season and finish building my custum telecaster. Also the deal was that I coudnt buy any guns so maybe if she buys me one. Our  anniversary is coming and she did by me a k31 for my birthday so there could be a some new family members to the gun safe's anyway
Link Posted: 3/8/2006 5:26:47 AM EDT
[#10]
I say buying guns are an investment. I too have to pay double for my guns. Whatever I spend, she will spend.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top