Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/16/2010 6:08:03 AM EDT
I have a full auto MP5K on the way and just picked up a few thousand rounds of this ammo. Has anyone used this in their MP5K and if yes how did it perform? I also have a Gemtech MK-9K coming for it and was curious if I need to change anything going from suppressed to non suppressed?
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 12:00:53 PM EDT
[#1]
I haven't shot it with a suppressor, I have shot about 700rds of this through a full size and a K gun. They eat them like candy. No problems whatsoever. I had a few FTEs because my extractor spring was done, but once that was fixed and both guns ran like champs.

From what I've heard its a has great velocity for 124gr. It is also incredibly clean ammo as well.

Your GTG. Im about to order a few thousand rounds more myself
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 12:25:34 PM EDT
[#2]
The ammo should be fine for unsuppressed, but I'd look for 147 gr ammo when using a can.  124 gr will be supersonic.  So the bullet will make a "sonic boom" because it is going faster than the speed of sound.  Typically 147 gr factory loaded ammo is subsonic from a 5" barrel.

I take it this MP5K is in PDW configuration (3-lug barrel with a stock)?  I would check the locking piece.  The standard "K" LP is a #16 (110 degrees).  HK makes a #26 (80 degree) for the MP5K PDW shooting 147 gr ammo with a can and a stock.  The lower the angle of the LP the greater percentage of recoil energy is diverted into the receiver from the bolt group.  If you use the standard #16 LP with a can and a stock, the gun will tend to "over function".  Meaning the bolt group will come back to the end of the receiver with such force that the inertia of the bolt hitting the LP will drive the rollers out.  The rollers can be driven out with such force that the rollers will pound the inside of the rails at the back of the receiver.  Depending on how many times and how hard the rollers hit the rails, the receiver can be damaged.  Some use a standard MP5 LP with has no markings (100 degree) in their MP5K in PDW configuration so they can use the K with or without the suppressor and don't have to change the LP.  It is my understanding that a MP5K without a can with a #28 LP installed won't run reliably.  The #28 diverts too much energy from the bolt group which limits proper function.  Congratulations on your purchase.

Scott
Link Posted: 12/16/2010 12:35:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top