Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/11/2013 1:43:12 PM EDT
I have recently E-Filed for two SBR's, but was wondering how one would select the manufacturer if you were going to make your own Suppressor (Form 1 Manufacture it yourself)?

On step 4 of the overall E-File process (step 1 of "Line Item"), it asks you to select the manufacturer.  I try typing in my Trust name, but is just says "No results found", and I can't move forward.

Has anyone done this yet?  What did you do at this step?

Sorry if this is a dupe, I looked through most of the E-Filing threads, and couldn't find this question.

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:51:29 PM EDT
[#1]
I did.  IIRC I manually entered my trust name.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 1:56:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Put "FMI" as the manufacturer code. Then manually enter the caliber, OAL, and s/n.

It will then say "FORM 1 REGISTRATION, UNITED STATES" in box 4a and your good to go.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:21:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Put "FMI" as the manufacturer code. Then manually enter the caliber, OAL, and s/n.

It will then say "FORM 1 REGISTRATION, UNITED STATES" in box 4a and your good to go.
View Quote

Thank you for the response!  What does "FMI" stand for?

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:22:19 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I did.  IIRC I manually entered my trust name.
View Quote

I tried that, but it won't let me move forward when I enter it.  I may try the "FMI" approach as listed above, but want to know what that means/does...

Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:35:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Per the ATF news bulletin:

If you are creating the firearm yourself, such as a silencer or a short barreled rifle (when finishing a receiver that is not yet a firearm), there is no original manufacturer. Because of the large number of makers (which includes filings by trusts), we do not issue a specific code to each maker. Instead, we use a generic code of FMI to denote a Form 1 registration. Thus, when submitting an eForm 1 where there is no original manufacturer, on the line item screen, a window for the entry of manufacturer is opened after clicking the Add Firearm button. At this point, the applicant should click the “By Manufacturer Code’ button and enter FMI as the manufacturer code and click Verify. The applicant will then select the United States as the country of manufacture and proceed to the description screen. Please note that ‘FORM 1 REGISTRATION’ will appear as the name of the maker on the PDF of the eForm 1. Again, the applicant is the maker and registrant for purposes of the NFA and must mark the firearm.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 2:56:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

If you are creating the firearm yourself, such as a silencer or a short barreled rifle (when finishing a receiver that is not yet a firearm), there is no original manufacturer. Because of the large number of makers (which includes filings by trusts), we do not issue a specific code to each maker. Instead, we use a generic code of FMI to denote a Form 1 registration. Thus, when submitting an eForm 1 where there is no original manufacturer, on the line item screen, a window for the entry of manufacturer is opened after clicking the Add Firearm button. At this point, the applicant should click the “By Manufacturer Code’ button and enter FMI as the manufacturer code and click Verify. The applicant will then select the United States as the country of manufacture and proceed to the description screen. Please note that ‘FORM 1 REGISTRATION’ will appear as the name of the maker on the PDF of the eForm 1. Again, the applicant is the maker and registrant for purposes of the NFA and must mark the firearm.

Awesome, thanks so much GADeerHunter!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top