Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/25/2012 9:40:25 AM EDT
I have a couple ACU patterned things that I would like to dye to multicam. I bought these a long time ago before MC came out and would like to keep them. Has anybody ever stripped the color off of ACU and recolored them MC? I know RIT has a color remover. Does it work well? Just curious...
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:26:06 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no, only cause this question has been asked a metric shit ton of times ( acu sucks-I want to dye/fix/paint it ) and never heard trying this way and it working or else there would be a ton of post's about it.

dyeing it some sort of ranger green seams to work the best from the pics I've seen.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 4:07:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I'm going to go out on a limb here and say no, only cause this question has been asked a metric shit ton of times ( acu sucks-I want to dye/fix/paint it ) and never heard trying this way and it working or else there would be a ton of post's about it.

dyeing it some sort of ranger green seams to work the best from the pics I've seen.

This.
I've seen some pic's a while back where someone did it and it actually looked pretty damn good.

I'll see if I can find it.
Link Posted: 12/26/2012 11:07:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 3:58:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Paint or dye.  By the time you wash out the color, you've ruined the fabric.

I'd be inclined to go the way Raf suggested, though I'm currently torn.  I guess I live in one of the few areas where ACU makes sense.  With the mossy rocks and pine trunks around here, ACU blends far better than Multicam.  As I've said before, out in FoF gigs, I'd first find the guy in multicam, who stuck out like a fresh cowflop against the background, and then work out from him to locate his ACU wearing teammates.
Link Posted: 12/28/2012 5:10:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Bleach
Link Posted: 12/29/2012 2:50:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Bleach

Go lay down....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top