Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/4/2003 10:50:13 PM EDT
I would like to add a Harris bench rest bipod (6-9"), to my M1A to eliminate messing with sandbags. There are several types of bipods, the standard, Series S which swivels and the Series M which ejects the legs by spring action and is adjustable in 1" increments.

Anyone having any experience with these please pass on your opinions, positive or negative. Also what adapter will I need to mount it and what is involved in the installation?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/6/2003 8:56:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a Harris bipod on both my supermatch and standard M1A's and they work great.
These are the series 1A2 BR 6"-9". These are installed using a sling swivel stud.They are also quick to detach with factory thumb knob.

There's different opinions on where to mount them on the rifle though.I would say try using it at different points on the forearm and see what works best for you before installing it.After all,you'll be the one shooting the rifle with the bipod installed.

Try 2-1/2" from the tip then 3-1/2" etc. and see what works best for ya.Everyone is different and Location is totally up to you.

Just my 2c.Good luck

Link Posted: 8/6/2003 12:55:07 PM EDT
[#2]
If you have the Black synthetic stock, you can send your rifle back to Springfield and for $45.00 they will install a "QD" stud. They paid shipping both ways on mine. You will need to contact them first for a RMA number.

This is a Series 1A2 Model L, great for prone, but a little to tall for bench rest, however a Series S Model BR works Great!
Link Posted: 8/7/2003 4:11:36 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
If you have the Black synthetic stock, you can send your rifle back to Springfield and for $45.00 they will install a "QD" stud. They paid shipping both ways on mine. You will need to contact them first for a RMA number.

I have the original wood stock so what if anything is different? Unfortunately I am away from the house for a few days and am not really sure what set up I have other than it is the factory original. BTW, nice pics.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top