Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
Member Login
Site Notices
1/25/2018 7:38:29 AM
Posted: 9/21/2003 12:10:09 PM EST
I was thinkng. If I got say a 9mm conversion for my AR or like a KelTec 2000 where could I buy ammo for it without relying on someone to buy it for me if I'm not 21 yet? Stoped in at a few stores that sold ammo, asked them and they said I couldn't. WTF? I can buy the gun but not the ammo.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:23:17 PM EST
If you are in NY, you need a pistol permit to buy pistol caliber ammo, regardless of the intended application. And you need to be 21 to get a permit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 12:26:06 PM EST
False! I live in NY and am under 21, but all i need to do when i go to Wally World to pick up some 9mm is tell them i'm getting the ammo for a long gun, not a handgun (which i am, hi point 9mm carbine). It shouldn't be a problem elsewhere, PRK excluded ;)
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 2:21:24 PM EST
That's right, if it's 9mm, 45acp, etc.. typical carbine caliber you can buy it in NY without the permit.
Link Posted: 9/21/2003 3:07:15 PM EST
Really, I kinda thought New York was kind of like Kalifornia with guns anyway. I was actualy under the impresion that you couldn't even own handguns in New York, long story short I was talkng to a army guy/recruter that used to be stationed at Drum anyway thats where I got that from.
Top Top